With that, I figured the joke went far enough. The atmosphere lightened, and I called back the members who had been waiting outside.

“Does it smell?”

“It’s okay!”

It didn’t smell at all.

Half-melted like jelly, the members, including Jeong Dajun, who was kind but couldn’t lie, greeted Lim Hyeonsu with a nod and carefully sat on the sofa.

“So, why did you come?”

“Please check our fan song.”

“Haah…”

Lim Hyeonsu sighed and leaned back on the chair, completely drained. Normally, she would have cursed profusely but still got excited as she listened to Kang Ichae’s song… This time, however, she seemed oddly listless.

Even the quick-witted Kang Ichae seemed to notice, hesitating as he took out his laptop.

A moment later, Lim Hyeonsu rubbed the corner of her eyes and abruptly straightened her upper body.

“Alright, play it.”

“…Yes.”

As always, Kang Ichae obeyed Lim Hyeonsu’s words. The song he produced in a very short time sounded beautiful even to my tone-deaf ears.

The song, reminiscent of a 1980s American high school setting, had a powerful upbeat and refreshing melody.

Kang Ichae is quite a guy.

After that… incident, Kang Ichae seemed a bit depressed, but then he suddenly holed up in his room and obsessively dug into classic movies. Afterward, he and Jeong Dajun conquered 1980s American movies and produced that beat while yelling, “I’m an American high teen,” “I’m Kang Ichae-buster,” and “I’ll go back to the past in a burning car,” all of which were incomprehensible.

Honestly, as long as he produced amazing songs, I was willing to tolerate any nonsense he spewed.

“♩♬♪?”

Kang Ichae, with the focused members beside him, glanced at Lim Hyeonsu with slight tension. Lim Hyeonsu remained silent for a while after the song ended.

“…?”

Just as we started exchanging glances and gestures, her hand reached for the cigarette pack, then stopped. She blinked her eyelashes once and spoke.

“…It’s not bad.”

“Wow!”

“Whoa!”

The members who didn’t know much about Lim Hyeonsu just cheered at the fact that they were praised by a famous composer, but I momentarily lost my words as I looked at Hyeonsu. It seemed that Kang Ichae was also in the same situation, but he soon lowered his gaze and laughed.

“We learned everything from our genius composer~.”

“Of course, where else would you learn?”

Lim Hyeonsu responded lightly with a joke and gave feedback while pointing at the program. As Kang Ichae listened to Hyeonsu’s voice intently, not missing a single word, the song became richer and more splendid whenever she touched the computer.

I turned my eyes away as I leaned on the sofa and watched them.

Min Jiheon….

I had tried to contact him afterward, of course, but there was no reply. I couldn’t see him at the company at all. Whether the news of him going to China was true or not, I tried contacting him through a manager or the company, but it was obvious that I wouldn’t be able to properly talk that way.