That’s why I vaguely used the term “cover,” but Jeong Dajun seemed relieved by my words.

“…I understand.”

Throughout the drive to the company, Jeong Dajun nervously recounted his story.

In summary, this was what happened:

Before joining Daepaseong Entertainment, he had an exclusive contract with a sketchy agency. Although he had signed a contract, he felt suspicious and requested its termination. The other agency agreed and let Jeong Dajun go, and then he proceeded with an exclusive contract with Daepaseong Entertainment.

I can see the scheme.

What came to mind was a ghost company.

These con artists would target young and naive individuals, sign contracts with them, and then let them terminate the contracts, only to later take advantage of the signed contracts to blackmail them.

“Hyung, what should I do…”

“First, tell them everything as is. Just like you told me.”

“And after that?”

Jeong Dajun looked at me with anxious eyes.

Just as I was about to respond, the van stopped.

We were in front of Daepaseong Entertainment.

I sighed and unbuckled my seat belt.

“Leave it to me.”

What more could I do at this point?

***

The manager tried not to show his frustration as we entered the CEO’s office, but the CEO’s gaze seemed to say, “This guy didn’t do his job well,” and “Why did you bring Seo Hoyun?”

‘As if I wanted to bring him!’

Although teary-eyed inside, he kept his mouth shut for now.

Seo Hoyun had an odd ability.

No matter how ridiculous his claims were, things always turned out as he wished.

“…That’s what happened.”

Jeong Dajun seemed to have regained some composure with Hoyun by his side as he explained his situation much more logically than when he had told them in the van.

Upon hearing the whole story, the CEO looked annoyed.

“You got played.”

“…”

“Sigh, they just want to extort the penalty fee, including trying to silence the news….”

“CEO…”

Jeong Dajun stuttered at the CEO’s words.

However, the manager tilted his head, not understanding.

“Dajun is still a minor. Isn’t it possible to cancel a minor’s exclusive contract?”

“Sigh… If only it were that simple.”

At those words, Seo Hoyun’s eyebrows twitched.

The man who had been quiet except for the greetings finally opened his mouth.

“Did they stamp their seal?”

The CEO glanced at Seo Hoyun and clicked his tongue.

“Yeah, they did.”

“Do we have the seal certificate and family relationship certificate?”

“Who takes care of such things in actual practice? But they said they have the phone records. They’re scary. They also sent a recorded call by email.”