You: You can just replace the broken parts, can't you?!

Yamagishi: Unfortunately, we cannot. I wish there was something we can do but our knowledge and technology are limited, we can't do anything about this.

You: (Gasp) B-but...

Mika: Just like your lungs, Y/n, Chisato's artificial heart is one of a kind, there is no replacement.

You: Grr...

Out of rage, I turn around and start running to the door.

Chisato: Where are you going?

You: I'll find that nurse and kill her!

Chisato: It's fine, Y/n.

You: No, it's not fine!!

Chisato: Babe, come...

Chisato smiles and signals me to come over to her. I listen and go to her, calming myself as I do. When I'm in front of her, she tells me to get lower and once I do, she pulls my head onto her lap and starts petting my hair.

Chisato: Even before this, I didn't have much time left...

You: What does that mean?

Chisato: That even if you kill her, that won't change anything...

She then makes me face her and she pinches my cheek, still smiling at me.

Chisato: Let's go home, come on. You should spend the night at my place, you still haven't seen the new safe house I moved into (Giggles).

Even when she knows she's about to die sooner, she's still able to put on smile. But, instead of making me feel happy, it just breaks my heart. Because I know, that someday soon, I won't be able to hear her giggle or see that smile ever again.

(The Next Day - In The Cafe)

We're all in the middle of our shift and it hasn't been too busy lately, we've only got one customer in the cafe. I excused myself and went to the restroom while Chisato went ahead and served them.

I came out of the restroom and into the kitchen. I noticed Chisato holding a parfait in her hands, the one that I created. I told everyone that I didn't want to continue making them anymore because they look like a pile of crap and was embarrassed about it, so we stopped.

When Chisato saw me with that parfait in her hand, she got a bit nervous. But I just looked at her with a bit of depression in my chest.

Chisato: Oh! I was just uh... (Giggles)

You: Chisato...

I approached Chisato and she started to get a bit scared.

Chisato: W-wait, this is for a customer! They didn't get to try the awesome parfait you made so- huh?

When she thought I was going to take the parfait away from her, I simply put my hand on her head and started petting it.

You: It's okay, go ahead.

Chisato: (Giggles) Okay!

She gave me a smile before she went around the bar and gave the customer their parfait they ordered.

Chisato: Here's one creamy delicious parfait for you!

Customer: Sweet! Thanks so much!

Chisato: Of course, you're welcome!

After she came back behind the bar, we both gave each other a hug. I began to leave the kitchen and when I do, the cafe's telephone started to ring. Chisato picked it up and I only heard her greeting the person on the other end.