Chapter 5.5: Fake

Chisato and I are walking Mr. Matsushita around a park, on our way to a museum that should be close by. I've reported that I had a feeling we were being followed, so Kurumi sent her drone around and found someone who's been following us.

We continue to walk as we both hear Mika and Kurumi talking on our earpieces.

Kurumi: I've identified the guy that's been following you. His name is Jin, an assassin. He's known as Silent Jin for how quietly he does his job. You could say, he's a veteran at his craft.

Mika: Silent Jin...

Kurumi: Have you heard of him?

Mika: Until 15 years ago, we both handled some underground job at a security firm. This was before I was scouted to becoming a training instructor for Lycoris.

Kurumi: What kind of guy is he?

Mika: He's the real deal, silent, yup. Come to think, I've never heard his voice.

Mizuki: Confirming him 30 meters ahead. I'll go attach transmitters. He doesn't recognize me.

Mizuki comes through as she follows this Silent Jin guy in her car. All Chisato and I could do is just wait until Silent Jin attempts to make his move on Mr. Matsushita and just listen to what Kurumi, Mika and Mizuki are seeing.

Kurumi: I've lost sight of him from up above. What about your end, Mizuki?

Mizuki: He stopped next to a pillar.

After a few seconds of silence, Mizuki yelled and I could hear her car accelerating.

Mizuki: Damn! He caught on!

Chisato: Y/n...

Chisato and I swap with holding Mr. Matsushita's wheelchair. I take him towards a statue, which someone so happens to be explaining the statue as Kurumi tells us what to do next.

Mika: Silent Jin is bad news.

Kurumi: Change of plans, we need to evacuate them and send someone from our end. As soon as we locate Jin and Mizuki with the spare drone, we'll go on the defense.

Mizuki: I'll have a car set when you guys leave the museum.

Chisato: Understood.

All 3 of them changed their channels, leaving Chisato and I alone again with Mr. Matsushita. After walking a bit more, we've made it inside the Museum and started to look around. We both were waiting for a response from the others.

After quite a bit, Mika and Kurumi were back on our channel.

Mika: We've lost contact with Mizuki, Jin is going to make his move.

You: Hmm... You can leave this to me.

I say as I leave Mr. Matsushita to Chisato.

Chisato: Y/n, wait!

Chisato grabs my arm and I look back at her. She gives me a small smile before giving me a kiss on the cheek, making me blush a bit.

You: (Gah!)

Chisato: Be careful, please. Don't do anything reckless.

You: I'll do my best.

I go ahead and leave both Chisato and Mr. Matsushita alone and try to find Jin myself before he gets any closer to Mr. Matsushita.

Kurumi sends me an image of what Silent Jin looks like on my phone. I hold it out as I speed walk around.

Kurumi: I'm running the imperial surveillance cameras through facial recognition and I sent a spare drone to watch outside. I can begin analysis in 10 minutes.