Chapter 9: Heart

(Your POV)

You: (huff) (huff) (huff)

I ran and continued to follow Chisato's scent. The trail leads me to the clinic she's supposed to be in. I enter through the front doors, stop to look around but see absolutely no one.

You: Dammit!

Even though no one is around, the scent trail is still active and it's gotten much more stronger when I came inside, which means she's got to be here somewhere. I continue to follow it and as soon as I begin to reach the end of it, a foul odor starts to mix in with it. Someone here is doing something bad to Chisato!

I take out my pistol and turn to the room where both scents are lingering the most. I see a woman doing something on a table and I immediately shoot at the her. She's got the foul odor so I'm shooting at her no matter what.

As I tried to hit her, she went around the hospital bed and hid behind it. I take cover behind the wall and reload my gun quickly, peaking inside of the room after I do so. I see Chisato on the hospital bed.

You: Chisato?! Chisato!!!

She's unconscious. This was supposed to be a physical check up, whoever this woman is has bad intent.

You: Damn you! What did you do?!

I suddenly hear three bullets shoot from her gun. I aimed my gun at her but immediately went back into cover when I saw her gun aimed at me and she shot at me. After a second, I hear glass break and see that she jumped through the window.

I quickly look out the window with my gun ready but I was too late, she already turned a corner and escaped.

You: Fuck!

I turn around and run up to Chisato.

You: Hey, Chisato! Wake up!

I desperately try to shake her to wake up but she's not opening her eyes. Nothing I can now, so I go ahead and take out my phone to contact Mika.

(Timeskip)

After a couple hours, Chisato finally woke up. She scanned the room to see Me, Mika, Mizuki, and Kurumi waiting for her to wake up.

Chisato: Oh... Everyone's here...

Dr. Yamagishi entered in the room. She started to check up with Chisato and also gave us a follow up of what happened.

Yamagishi: You may feel lethargic for a while as the sedative wears off.

Chisato touched the center of her chest as she felt something was off.

Chisato: What did they do, Doc Yamagishi?

Yamagishi: Tch, that woman... She overcharged the battery to your heart with high voltage. We can't access the hardware anymore, making it impossible to recharge. It was simple but effective, the perfect method to put it out of commission for good.

Chisato: (Gasp) Seriously? How much longer will this last?

Yamagishi: Fortunately, we just recharged it. I'd say two months at best.

You: (Two months?)

Yamagishi: If you don't exert yourself it'll last a bit longer.

You: Two months until what?!

Mika: Until she dies.

You: Huh?!

I turn to Mika, astonished with what he said.

Mika: Chisato has two months to live...

You: N-no way...

No, that can't be true. She can't die. They've got to be wrong about this, there's got to be something they can do. They can't just sum it up and say that she has two months to live.