Chapter 8: The Captain

(Your POV)

Chisato: Now, open wide!

Chisato just served a customer a parfait special, something that takes a lot of ingredients to make and it's kind of tedious.

Manga Lady: Chisato, this looks like something they serve at a bar.

Abe: Oh, then why don't we get drinks?

Chisato: We do have some, probably with Mizuki.

Man 1: You're on duty, Mr. Abe.

Woman 1: It looks delicious as always.

Chisato: It's my specialty! Can I get one for you too?

Woman 1: Yes, please!

Man 2: I'll take one too!

Man 3: Me too!

Man 4: And me too please!

Chisato: Alright, so 1, 2, 3, 4! 4 more specials coming right up!

You: (Sigh)

I watch and see that her special parfait is a high demand for the customers. I'm happy that they find her specialty appetizing, but we're selling these parfaits at a low price, while our ingredients costs quite a bit for it, so we might not be able to sell these if too many customers order them. Or, one of us would have to go out for a resupply in the middle of business.

I turn around and try to escape to avoid making the parfaits, but Chisato stops me.

Chisato: Honey bun! We need 4 more specials, k?

You: This isn't good, at the current rate...

Chisato: Huh?

I sigh and make the parfait specials and Chisato helps me out. After the Cafe closes, I bring everyone in the Tatami room and take Kurumi's laptop to look at the Cafe's Budget Income.

Everyone: Huh?!

I show them the graph and there's a big red line shooting downwards.

Kurumi: We are losing cash...

You: And this is after adding the money we got from requests. So, what are you doing about the incidental costs of bullets and transportation?

Mizuki: We've got some of our expenses covered by DA, activity costs for Chisato as a Lycoris.

You: Even still, we're definitely over budget.

Mizuki then points at Chisato.

Mizuki: You need to stop shooting overly expensive bullets!

Chisato: Huh?

Kurumi: And get rid of your parfait too.

Chisato: Huh?!

You: So, even though you went independent, you're still relying on DA this much for money?

Chisato: Hmph, you sound like Ms. Kusunoki babe.

Chisato has an upset expression on her face. I didn't mean to make her upset, I was just asking a question that I guess came out meaner than I intended. I patted her head and gave her a suggestion.

You: How about you go back to live ammo?

Chisato: Are you crazy?! No way!

As I pet her head, she flicks my forehead.

You: Ow! Yeah, I should've known you would've said no..
(Sigh) then it must be done...

I stand up in front of everyone and puff up chest.