Chapter 1: Meeting

(10 years ago)

???: So, his name is Y/n?

Man: Yes.

???: Well, he's got quite the talent for a 6-year old Lilybell.

Man: But unfortunately, he's got a lung problem. He has trouble breathing and is unable to exert too much energy or else he'll collapse and pass out. He's got weak lungs, he can't go into missions if we don't do something about it.

???: Hmm... I think I have way to help him. It'd be a shame if all that talent that he's got would go to waste.

Man: Help him how exactly?

???: We can give him artificial lungs.

Man: (Chuckles) Like we can give him that. There's no such thing!

???: You'd be surprised what we can do at the Alan Institute.

Man: Are you serious?

???: Trust me, I can help him. Just make sure he becomes the best spy you can make him to be.

(Your POV - Present Day)

Today is when I'll meet DA's best Lycoris, Chisato Nishikigi, and I'll be working beside her for a few months, maybe even longer. She's a 1st Ranked Lycoris and I'm a 2nd Ranked Lilybell, so I'll be working under her command. I'm walking to LycoReco, a cafe she works at. I have my Lilybell outfit on; a high school uniform that's supposed to be my disguise as an undercover hitman because one of the last things you'd expect an assassin/spy to be is a high schooler, pretty smart I would say. I was told Lycoris also wear school uniforms too, so we'll act like schoolmates for most of the time when we're out.

I arrived at LycoReco and before I went inside, I read the sign that was posted by the front entrance.

"Cafe LycoReco. Exquisite Coffee. Served by Warm-Hearted Girls."

I get the feeling that once I step in here a bunch of Lycoris are going to be here. It's going to be weird, I know it. I just sigh, open the Cafe door and peak inside. I see the Cafe is empty, which is relieving to me. I scan my eyes to the first floor and look up to the second floor, nobody is here at all. Plus, the only thing I hear is a TV that's playing the News. I'm hearing about a charm and I see on the TV that it's a necklace of an owl.

TV: They come from all acts of life; Athletes, researchers, artists, talented minds-

I peak my head a bit more and see that someone is actually here and is watching the News at the Cafe's bar. She's wearing a green Kimono. She suddenly slams her hand on a book in front of her that's on the desk.

???: Ugh! And someone with the talent of being a good mother is being thwarted by an obstacle called marriage!

I go ahead and walk inside as she raises her head and yells at the ceiling.

???: It's not enough at all! I'm sick of just waiting around, where's my Mr. Right?!

TV: simple jealousy from simple folks.

???: What'd you just say?

You: Excuse me.

???: Huh?!

She then turns to me, startled. It seems that I spooked her, but she settled down quickly and just gave me a strange look.

???: Who are you?

You: My name is Y/n L/n, I'm the Lilybell sent here.

The TV then suddenly turns off and a man behind the bar walks up towards me. He's wearing a purple Kimono.