Chapter 4: Date

(Your POV)

(Bang! Bang! Bang!)

Chisato and I are in the cafe's basement, where there's a shooting range for us to practice. At the moment, I'm shooting with Chisato's rubber bullets that she uses on missions. She encouraged me to start using them, as she doesn't want me to shoot our enemies with the intent to kill. And after unloading a full clip onto the target, I get a bit frustrated.

You: (Sigh) Damn it...

I haven't hit any of the points at all, only around them. Chisato is still firing at her target, I pick up one of the rubber bullets that's set on the stand in front of me and observe it. The tip of the bullet is red and it's cushioned a bit, not being able to penetrate anyone's skin.

You: What exactly is this thing?

Chisato: Ehehe~ I keep missing too!

You: It's really difficult to hit the targets from afar with these bullets. Is that why you're always fighting up close?

Chisato leaves her station and runs up to me, hugging my arm.

Chisato: Yup! If I get up close I'm sure to hit!

She's gives me a wide smile but I just sigh and shrug her off, putting down the rubber bullet I picked back in its container.

You: That would be difficult for me, it'd be almost suicide if I try to fight up close. I'm more of a person that likes to shoot from afar.

I pick up my magazine that has regular bullets and load it in my gun. I then aim at my Target and unload the full magazine. Chisato watches as she sees how much of a good shot I am. All bullets have passed through the center point of the target.

Chisato: Amazing Y/n, you're just like a machine! If you're that good with real bullets, then you can just avoid vital organs.

She moves from my right to my left and touches my cheek, making circling motions and pinching it.

Chisato: No need to shoot Teach's bullets unnecessarily!

You: But that was our job.

I face her as her finger is still on my cheek.

You: We were taught how to kill.

Chisato: Not when you're with us, right?

You: (Chuckles)

Chisato and I exit the basement and go up to the Cafe.

(Timeskip)

I'm walking back to the Cafe from the grocery story, Mika needed me to pick up some supplies. As I was right outside the Cafe, about to enter inside, I hear Chisato yelling.

Chisato: AGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

You: (What the hell?)

I open the door and walk inside. I see Chisato and Kurumi sitting in the lobby in front of a TV. Chisato has a VR headset on with a Gun Controller in her hands and Kurumi is trying to calm her down.

Chisato: Ugh! I can't do this anymore!!!

Kurumi: Relax, it's just a game.

Chisato: But look! The opponents username is- Oh, Y/n! You're back! Perfect timing, I'm tagging you in, try this!

You: Huh?

Chisato pulls me over in front of the TV and puts the Headset on me. I look around and it's a video game I used to play over at HQ.

You: Oh, I know this game.

Chisato: You do?!

You: Yeah, me and my Lilybell squad played this game a lot on our free time. I kicked their asses.