Chapter 8

"Order for one, Yoni Marti?" Lucifel blinked, snapping out of his thoughts by the pharmacist, and grinned, nodding. "That's me. Thank you." He stated calmly, taking the bag before heading out to his RV. He grunted, getting inside and putting away his sunglasses before taking the pill bottles out. He popped two in his mouth before putting the others away in various locations in his RV. He sighed softly, running his hand through his short hair before narrowing his eyes and going over to his desk. He looked around at his notes before looking up at a map littered with thumbs tacks frowning softly. "Where are we going next, him?" He muttered, licking his lips. "Can't have traveled too far. Not like they have any special ways to get around." He hummed before nodding, going over to his driver's seat, and got in, typing an address into his GPS, grinning, "Exactly. Not too far away but enough for a full day of running to get through, ain't that right?" He mainly chuckled to himself, starting to drive.

Raising an eyebrow, he noticed an odd set of pawprints in the ground, frozen, undisturbed snow-filled pawprints sunken into the ground a bit. He followed the pawprints before parking his car and got out, looking around. Hearing a growl, he turned, looking down, and smirked. "Ah. Little guy hungry?" He chuckled, reaching into his pockets before tossing a mysterious piece of dried meat to the ice-made dog. Its form embodied spectral frost, its body sculpted from translucent ice that shimmered with an otherworldly blue glow. Sinewy muscles of frozen crystal rippled beneath the surface, granting it a supernatural vitality. Every step it took left an impression of frost on the ground, leaving behind a trail of brittle ice shards.

Eyes of burning sapphire blazed within its frozen skull, each flicker reminiscent of a distant, flickering flame encased in ice. These eyes held an unnerving intelligence, a malevolent consciousness that seemed to peer into the depths of one's very soul, freezing it in place with a glance.

Its fangs were like shards of razor-sharp icicles, jutting from its icy maw in a cruel display of deadly elegance. As it breathed, mist exhaled from its mouth, freezing the air and casting an aura of dread. The hellhound's paws were adorned with cruel claws, each one as sharp as the sting of an arctic gust. When it moved, the ice beneath its feet seemed to crack and groan, unable to withstand the creature's icy weight. The big dog chewed on the chow before licking its frozen chops and watched him slowly move forward before letting Lucifel pet its icicle-thickened fur." He chuckled calmly, rubbing the dog's fur and ignoring the cold before nodding. "Guess your buddy died. Well, why not come with me?" He smirked, ignoring the looks he was getting to talking to what looked like nothing to the average eye, and chuckled, leading the beast into his car, grunting softly, and getting back inside. "Alright, big guy. You must be hungry." He chuckled calmly, watching the beast before humming and bringing some meat to feed the dog, putting it in a bowl, and watching the beast devour the meal. "Good job. Don't worry; you will have plenty of meat if you help me hunt." He said with a sickening grin before a cough interrupted him. He growled, rolling his eyes and taking his meds before returning to the driver's seat. "Alright, we should get going before someone reports us for talking." He muttered, looking around the mostly empty park before once again driving. "We're heading a bit

away, but we're going to another set of woods to hunt. See if we can't draw the big guy out again by taking down another one of his dumb proxies. Doesn't that sound exciting, boy?" He chuckled to the dog as it hopped into the passenger seat, coating it in ice, and barked, making the air colder with its breath. Lucifel laughed, not minding the cold, and continued driving. "Damn right, sounds great. We'll fucking eat good by the end of the night!" He laughed, sending the dog into an excited barking frenzy as they drove off.

As night descended upon the land, Lucifel and his newfound companion, Vlad, disembarked from the parked RV. The air was thick with anticipation that only creatures of the night could truly understand. Lucifel's keen senses picked up the scent of blood, a tantalizing aroma that triggered a devilish grin across his face. He casually popped a few pills, a ritual that fueled the darkness within him, before venturing into the depths of the woods. Vlad, the loyal ice-constructed hound, followed suit, its presence a chilling reminder of the impending hunt.