𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮

Start from the beginning

"Y/n! Whatcha up to kid!" my mom yelled up the steps. "Ash! Ash get up!" i whispered yelled. i started shaking his shoulders, desperately trying to wake him up. He sat up and looked around confused.

"Y/n who's shoes are these?" my dad asked. He must be talking about Ash's shoes that he left by the door. Ash looked at me with a 'Oh shit' look.

I gestured to the window but he shook his head. "I have no shoes on" he said. i rolled my eyes and jumped off the bed. I grabbed his arms and drug him to the closet

"Be quiet" i said, shoving him into the closet. I heard my mom and dad start coming up the steps and towards my room. "Y/n who's shoes are down stairs" my dad asked as they walked in my room. "A friend gave them to me" i said calmly.

My mom raised her eyebrows. "Theres no way they fit you, they look too big" my mom said. I looked around the room quickly as i thought out a plan. "Yea that's what i told her but she told me to take them home and try them. i'll have to give them back to her on Monday" i replied, trying my best to stay calm.

She nodded but i could tell she didn't believe my story. "I thought you guys were gonna be gone all weekend" i questioned.

"Yeah well your father got the dates mixed up. the concert is next weekend" my mom said. i nodded and looked around the room again. My eyes spotted Ashtray's bag still on my chair. My eyes went wide and i almost cussed out loud.

"What?" my dad said, noticing my sudden shock and fear. He followed my gaze to Ash's bag. "Y/n who's bag is that?" my dad asked. Panic started coursing through my veins. I knew that there is now way i'm gonna hide this.

All of our heads darted toward the closet as we heard something hit the door lightly. My dad looked back at me before going over to the closet. He opened the doors and saw Ashtray standing in my closet. He looked at me and i could tell that he was furious.

"Y/n who is this!" he yelled. I was so panicked i couldn't even answer. I looked at my mom and she stood there with a pissed off look in her face.

"Answer me!" my dad yelled again. I tried to speak but words didn't come out. My dad grabbed Ashtray by his collar and threw him out of the closet and he landed on the floor beside my bed.

"Dad stop ok! Leave him alone!" I shouted as my dad got in Ash's face. I grabbed Ashtray's arm and pulled him up so he was sitting on my bed with me.

"Who is this boy?" my dad asked angrily. "He's my boyfriend ok!" i said. I knew Ash was scared. He didn't show it though.

"And does he have a name?" my mom asked. I looked at Ash before looking back at my mother. "His name is Ashtray" i said and my dad scoffed.

"Oh yeah, cause the name 'Ashtray' isn't a red flag on its own. Plus he has face tattoos! Y/n i thought you were better than this!" my dad shouted. i shook my head in disbelief.

"Is that his first name or a nickname?" my mom asked. I could tell she was trying to keep the conversation calm and civil. But my dad wasn't having it.

"It's his first name. O'Neill is his last name" i answered. My dads eyes widened for a second before he furrowed his brows in anger.

"O'Neill? Like Marie O'Neill and Fezco O'Neill!" my dad yelled. I glanced at Ash, who sat on my bed, glaring at my father.

"What? What is it?" my mom asked my father. "This kid is a drug dealer" my dad said maliciously. My mom's face fell as she looked me.

"Y/n, is this true?" she asked. I looked at Ash and he looked at me. "I-" "Yea it's fuckin true. So what?" Ash said as he cut me off. He knew i wouldn't have been able to admit it.

My dad looked at him in disbelief. "So what? I'm sorry you think that's ok?" my dad asked. "Well, i'm selling drugs. i'm not doin 'em. Neither is she" Ash said. I let him talk because i knew if i opened my mouth, the words would get stuck in my throat and i'd freeze up.

"But you're ruining other people's lives! Does that mean nothing to you?" my dad yelled. "It's their decision to buy them. i'm not forcing shit on anyone. I'm just doing business" Ash said. He seemed to be the only calm one this room.

"Y/n i will not allow you to be with this boy" my dad said. "Ted-" "No! She can't be with him" my dad said. Tears filled my eyes as i looked over at Ashtray. He grabbed my hand and gave it a small squeeze.

My dad looked furious. He grabbed Ashtray by the shoulders and got in his face. "Stay away from my daughter!" he yelled.

I got up and tried to push my dad away from him. "Leave him alone! It's not a choice for you to make. I've been with him for 8 months and nothing bad has happened to me. You know why? Cause he wouldn't let anything bad happen to me! Just leave me alone dad!" i yelled. My dad took a step back.

I walked over and grabbed Ashtray's bag from my chair before grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the room.

He followed me down the stairs and we quickly put our shoes on. "Y/n Y/m/n Perez! Where do you think your going!" my dad yelled.

"I'll be back on Sunday. Maybe by then you'll calm the fuck down!" i said before walking out the front door with Ash following me.

I slammed the door shut before grabbing his hand and running. We ran for a few minutes before we slowed down and stopped to catch our breath.

"You're crazy you know that?" he said to me as we made our way to his house. "Yea but you know you love it" i teased. He nodded before stopping and pulling me into a kiss. my hands reached up and rested on the back of his neck.

After a few seconds, we pulled away. He rested his forehead against mine as he tried to catch his breath. I smiled at him and said, "I love you Ash."
He smiled back at me. "I love you more ma".