Let's go for a W-A-L-K
I'll wait the whole dog day
'Cause
You're the only one I wanna chase
This spark is here to stay
I'm scruffy and eager
An overachiever
But, hey
You rescued a golden retriever

Summer laughs after mouthing the last part. Ricky looks at her smiling as he continues.

Just call my name
And I'll come running
Jump for joy when you get home
Life get's rough but here's my promise
You'll never walk alone
I might not be trained
Might drive you insane
But there's no one more loyal or true
Yeah, puppy love's the love I got for you

Oh, oh
Puppy love's the love I got for you
Oh, oh
Puppy love's the love I got for you

After Ricky finished Summer sits next to him and kisses him.
"So you like the song, huh?" Ricky asks, after they pulled apart.
"I love the song, thank you." Summer says her hands either side of his face, before moving them to his neck. "And I still can't get ours outta my head."
"Our song. I like the sound of that." Ricky says.
Summer smiles as they kiss again. Ricky's phone then goes off.
"What is it?" Summer asks.
"Emergency cast meeting at announce the 'HSM 3' cast list." Ricky says. "And everybody showed up at yours and Ashlyn's house?"

__________

Summer walks into her bedroom to find everyone there.
"Look, who decided to arrive." Carlos says.
"I'm sorry. Welcome to my bedroom." Summer says.
"Everyone sit. Everyone, breathe." Carlos says, as everyone sits down. "Today was big. We rehearsed for a big Hollywood movie.. But in my humble opinion the following is better."
"Am I too late?" Ricky asks coming into the room.
"For Richard Bowen?" Ellie asks. "You're right no time."
"Okay, everyone it's time." Carlos says, causing a few people to scream, as he takes the cast list out of the envelope. "Sharpey will be played by... Kourtney Greene."
"Yes, Kourt." Alice cheers as everyone claps.
"Ryan will be played by... Moi." Carlos announces.
"Dream team." Kourtney says, pointing at Carlos.
"Kelsi will be played by... Ashlyn Moon Casewell." Carlos says.
"Go Ash." Stephanie says.
"Taylor will be played by... Alice Cole." Carlos says.
"Yeah, Al." Ellie says.
"Miss Jenn had giving me a background on a new character she has added. She is Gabriella's sister who recently joined the High School and her sister helps her become the new drama club star. Her name is Grace Montez and she will be played by... Eleanor Jones."
"Yes, El." Summer says side hugging her sister.
"It's just Ellie, Carlos." Ellie says.
"I know." Carlos says before clearing his throat. "Here we go. Troy will be played by, not shockingly, featured extra number two, aka... Richard Bowen."
"Who, did not see that coming?" Gina asks.
"Let's go seniors!" Ricky shouts, as everyone claps. "Yes!"
"And now, the moment we've all been waiting for, Gabriella." Carlos says. "Playing Gabriella is... the stand in for Dani... It's Summer Jones everybody!"
Everyone cheers as Ricky gives her two thumbs up. Kourtney and Stephanie then walk up to her.
"By the way, can we talk about your energy with your crush to end all crushes today?" Kourtney asks.
"Who?" Summer asks.
"Uhm... Mack, duh!" Stephanie says.
"Please, Mack was just trying to help Dani." Summer says.
"Exactly, his girlfriend." Ashlyn says. "And while Summer is absolutely definitively single she's respecting the boundary."
"Come on. You and Mack spent everyday on the beach last week, in Cali. And the way he looked at you while dancing." Stephanie says.
"And he's you're childhood crush." Kourtney adds before nudging her. "You owe it to ten year old Summer to at least try."
"Yeah Sum, why don't you try?" Gina asks.
By the tone of her voice, Summer knew something was up. She just didn't know what.
"Guys, there's more." Carlos says.
"Martha will be played by the famous, controversial Hollywood exile, known as... Emmy." Carlos announces.
"Yeah, Em." Ashlyn says.
"I am personally lobbying for Miss Jenn to play Miss Durbus. And that's it." Carlos says.
"Wait, what?" Gina asks.
"What about Chad?" Summer asks.
"Chad is not cast yet." Carlos says.
"How do we not have enough people to fill out an 'HSM3' cast?" Stephanie asks.
"It appears the movie sucked up all potential other drama kids." Carlos says. "They're getting a hundred bucks per week. Plus all the free kettle corn they can eat. We can't compete with that."
"Guys, Dani just posted something really cryptic on Instagram." Kourtney says.
"What?" Alice asks.
"It reads... 'Hollywood is brutal. Stay grounded out there, babes'." Kourtney reads. "Mack commented 'Shit, messed up'."
"Ohh, what kind of tea they got going on there?" Stephanie asks.
Meanwhile, Summer and Ricky sit down on her bed.
"Troy and Gabriella again." Ricky says.
"Nothings gonna get in our way. We are meant to be 'Troyella'." Summer replies
"Obviously." Ricky says.
Gina was looking at the cast list.

Troy..... Ricky Bowen
Gabriella..... Summer Jones
Sharpey..... Kourtney Greene
Ryan..... Carlos Rodriguez
Kelsi..... Ashlyn Caswell
Taylor..... Alice Cole
Grace Montez..... Ellie Jones
Martha..... Emmy
Extras..... Gina Porter, Stephanie Ross, Kenidee Mase

Gina looked at the list shocked. She had really been cast as an extra? She looks at Summer and Ricky, jealously clearly on her face.
All of a sudden Summer's phone goes off.
"Wait, guys, what's 310? Like what area code is that?" Summer asks.
"310? That's Hollywood, baby!" Carlos says.
"Look, if you're fired from the movie, you're still Gabriella." Ricky reassures his girlfriend, as the others rush over to listen.
Summer answers the phone and puts it on speaker.
"Hello?" Summer asks.
"Summer Jones. Hi, it's Quinn the director." Quinn says. "Sundance runner up for 'Where Has All The Money Gone?'"
"Oh my gosh. I just like... I know I messed up earlier today but I promise it won't happen again." Summer tells her.
"Listen, that is the exact thing I need." Quinn says. "I spoke to your drama teacher today and she said you have the range, talent and ambition to really make a mark. And not just in the background."
"What are you saying?" Summer asks.
"What I'm saying is... how would you like to replace Dani in 'High School Musical 4'?" Quinn asks.
Everyone gasps. Summer covers her mouth in shock. Was this really about to happen?