044: Too Much Too Soon

Summer, Alice, Stephanie, Haliee, Nini, Kourtney, Ashlyn, Gina and Seb were all at Ashlyn's house

Summer, Alice, Stephanie, Haliee, Nini, Kourtney, Ashlyn, Gina and Seb were all at Ashlyn's house. Nini's parents had also just dropped off Ellie.
"One hundred percent real faux fur." Kourtney says as she unfolds a large piece of fur.
"Ohh!" Ellie says.
"30 yards." Kourtney adds.
"Must've been a truly enormous faux animal." Summer says.
"So, what are we doing?" Ashlyn asks.
"Okay, so you know those sequin tops, where you rub them one way they're purple, rubbed the other way, red?" Kourtney asks.
"Yeah." Haliee says.
"I have like 20 of them at home. All different colours." Ellie says.
"Love it." Gina says.
"So, we're gonna do that with the beast cape. But instead on purple and red it's gonna be fur and satin. Y'all feel me."
"Kourt, you are a visionary." Nini says.
"Oh, thank you." Kourtney says.
"The boys can also build something that spins the Beast round to disguise the transition." Stephanie suggests.
"Wow. Won't that take a while?" Seb asks.
"I'm in, if you are." Alice says.
"I guess I could sleep over tonight." Gina says causing everyone to laugh.
"Guys, I'm all about costumes, but don't know if my parents will be cool with a co-ed sleepover." Seb says.
"Chip, this is your mother speaking. Go call your mother." Kourtney tells him.
Seb then walks away to call his mom.
"Behold my scissors bucket." Ashlyn says placing a bucket of scissors on the table.
"Wow." Nini and Summer says.
"I know guys. I'm going to text Big Red, let him know we need them to build something that spins." Ashlyn tells them.
"Wait guys, don't we have school tomorrow?" Stephanie asks.
"Schools closed for repainting a few class rooms remember?" Summer says.
"Oh yeah, how are we going to test it out though?" Stephanie asks.
"Miss Jenn can get us into the theater." Nini says.
"Okay let's do this then." Stephanie says.

Seb comes back and they got to work. Seb was currently standing in-front of a mirror, Kourtney holding a piece of the fur on his shoulder.
"Ohh, this is going to be so good, Carlos would wear it." Kourtney says, causing them all to laugh.
"Does he just walk around in armani sweatpants?" Ashlyn asks.
"I guess." Seb says.
"Ah, Sebastian?" Summer asks sensing Seb was upset. "Is something going on with you guys?"
"I guess you could say, he met a group of extremely photogenic guys when he was down in mexico, and he seems pretty happy. So, now I'm pretty sad." Seb tells everyone.
"Oh Seb, come on." Gina says.
"You want to see him happy. That's with you." Alice tells him.
"Mmm, but I guess he has to be out of default, right?" Seb says.
"What does that mean?" Haliee asks,
"There's not a lot of other choices for a boy like Carlos here at East." Seb says.
"No, Seb." Nini says.
"Have you told him how you feel?" Stephanie asks.
"Not so good at saying the feelings part out loud." Seb replies.
"Never hurts to put yourself out there." Gina tells him. "Or so I've heard."
"Okay, also, did I see you and EJ giggling at the pizza place?" Summer asks Gina.
"I have some questions in the same general area." Ashlyn says.
"Are they disapproving questions?" Gina asks.
"Gina, you're my sister. He's my cousin. And if that didn't sound so weird you would know what I am trying to say." Ashlyn says. "I love you both."
"He was really sweet over the break, and he kind of saved me." Gina says. "But it was just a nice thing. There's nothing romantic in the cards for us."
"Uh, you sure?" Haliee asks.
"Trust me. I've been wrong before. So I feel pretty safe putting that idea to bed." Gina replies.
"Oh my God. The chocolates." Ashlyn says.
"What are the chocolates?" Summer asks.
"Oh uh, I... I thought Ricky sent me some chocolates on Valentines Day." Gina replies. "And I kinda melted a little, as a friend."
"Oh." Summer says.
"He didn't send them, it was my mom." Gina reassures her.
"Uh... why'd I never hear about this?" Summer asks.
"It wasn't a big deal." Gina replies.
"it was funny. We laughed and laughed." Ashlyn says.
"I think we should move on." Alice suggests.
"I'm going to get a root-beer." Summer says.
"Good job guys." Ellie says before following her sister. "Summy."
"Yeah El?" Summer asks.
"Are you okay?" Ellie asks.
"I'm okay, El. I promise." Summer says grabbing a root-beer from the fridge.
"Really? Because you saw don't seem like it." Ellie says.
"Yeah, I'm okay." Summer says kissing her sister's forehead. "You go on back to the others. I'll be out in a minute."
Ellie nods before walking back to the others, a couple moments later Alice walks in.
"Okay, spill." Alice says.
"What?" Summer asks.
"Best friends since kindergarten. That means I know you better then anyone. So I know when you are hiding something." Alice says.
"I'm okay, Al. Really." Summer says. "Just... still not exactly ready to talk about Ricky."
"I get that. But when you are ready I'm here, okay?" Alice says.
Summer nods with a small smile before hugging her childhood best friend.
"I love you." Summer says.
"I love you to, Sum." Alice replies.
The girls pull away after a couple moments and go back to the girls and Seb.

Everyone apart from Ricky and Carlos were now at the school to test out what they have done for the transformation.
"These two are for the pizza shop. This one's for the front door of my house This ones for my bike lock. Oh, I haven't seen this one in a while." Big Red says looking through his keys.
"You do have the key, right, Red?" Summer asks.
"Yeah, I narrowed it down to this half of the chain." Big Red says.
Big Red tries to open the door but after a few goes it opens from the inside, and Natalie was there.
"You could have just knocked." Natalie tells the group.
"Okay." Ashlyn laughs as they all walk in.

"Wait, so in the Broadway show all the did was suspend the Beast in the air, and then he takes his mask off?" Gina asks as they were all looking at the plans Kourtney had got from Howie.
"Looks like it." Nini says.
"Wow. Looks like today's theme is secrets." Summer says.
"but combine this with the wire from 'Getcha Head In The Game' we're golden." Ashlyn says. "Do we still have Ricky's harness?"
"Ooh. It's in the costume shop, somewhere." Kourtney says.
"Everyone lt's meet back in 15." Natalie says.
"Thank you, 15." Everyone says before everyone goes their seperate ways.

Summer found herself in one of the music rooms. She goes over and sits on the piano. She puts her phone on where the music sheets go, hitting record, before beginning to play.

You texted 'Let's just be friends. It's me not you.'
But that's never true
I wonder if you just hit 'send'
Without thinking through
What would happen too?

My heart and my head
No, I can't pretend
My world didn't just come unglued
You might be okay
You moved on but I ain't
So sorry if it comes out rude

It's too much, it's too soon
To small talk when I see you
Out on a Friday night
Is it too much for me to ask
You to take a step back
And just give me some time?
So don't write, don't call
Don't even say 'Hi' at all
Or act like we could just be cool
After you said we're just
Too much, too soon

Too soon to label what we have
Too soon to meet my mom and dad
Too soon to make any plans
Too soon to take any chance
You said you're scared of committing
And I asked you to stay but you didn't

So now it's too much, too soon
Too small talk when I see you
Out on Friday night
Is it to much for me to ask
You to take a step back
And just give me some time?
So don't write, don't call
Don't even say 'Hi' at all
Or act like we could just be cool
After you said we're just
Too much, too soon

I was all in
Carefree falling
No parachute reaching out for you
Thought you were too
I was all in
Carefree falling
No parachute, nothing to lose
Expect for you

'Cause it's too much, too soon
To small talk when I see you
Out on Friday night
Is it to much for me to ask
You to take a step back
And just give me some time?

So don't write, don't call
Don't even say 'Hi' at all
Or act like we could just be cool
After you said we're just
Too much, too soon

Summer posted the song to her and Nini's shared music account, before deciding to head back to the stage. On her way there she heard Ricky and Carlos singing. She looks into the bomb shelter, which happened to be the room next to the room she was in, to see Carlos singing a song to Seb and Ricky helping him. She couldn't help but smile slightly. She quickly stops and walks back to the stage, where everyone else was.

After a little while they call got back together to try out the transformation. Summer and Ricky did the scene before Big Red wound up the rope connected to Ricky's harness.
"Y'all this is some Broadway stuff." Kourtney says as Ricky was slowly going higher and higher into the air.
"W're gonna win. You guys, we're actually going to win." Natalie says.
"We're gonna make Miss Jenn so proud." Carlos says.
Summer looks up at Ricky a small smile on her face.

Before anyone could react the rope holding Ricky snapped and he fell, right on-top of Summer.