036: The Missing Mask... And More

Ricky had gone to talk to Miss Jenn, while Summer was sat next to Nini on a couch while they watched EJ and Gina do the intro to the school's new morning show

"Welcome to the East High Morning Show." Gina says. "I'm Gina Porter."
"And I'm EJ Caswell. And we're co- hosting the first ever East High Morning Show." EJ says. "Cause I'm president of the AV club."
"And I'm his only friend who agreed to do it." Gina adds.
"That's right." EJ says . "Back to you Gina."
"Thanks EJ, now for our first ever guests. You know them from the songs 'Two Sides' and 'The Rose Song' which have both been blowing up the East High Instagram."
"oh, uh, quick reminder, tickets for 'Beauty And The Beast' go on sale next week." EJ says.
"Hmm, that's right EJ. Now please welcome, Summer Jones and Nini Salazar- Roberts." Gina says.
"Hey guys, thanks for having us." Nini says.
"This just in Summer's has over 3,000 views." EJ says. "Making it the most viewed post in drama club Instagram history."
"Are you serious?" Summer asks.
"Songwriting skills, universal acclaim... how does it feel to be you right now?" Gina asks Summer.
"Uh, feels good." Summer answers.
"Nini?" EJ questions.
"Same as Summer." Nini says.
"So what were the song writing processes like for you?" Gina asks.
"I was actually really inspired by my best friend, I watched her overcome a big step and she handled it like the boss she is." Nini says.
"And for me, I started writing it a few months ago but toke a break, and then I realised that the lyrics I already had kind of linked to 'Beauty And The Beast' a little, so decided to finish it. I'm going to change it up a little bit to go into the show." Summer explains.
After a little while longer EJ and Gina do the outro. The four stay talking for a bit longer before going off to class.

__________

The group were all at a drama club meeting that Miss Jenn had called, waiting for it to start.
"Everyone, attention please." Miss Jenn says, causing everyone to look at her. "I'm sure you're wondering why I called this special midday drama club meeting."
"Oh, are you announcing the fall musical?" Seb asks. "I vote 'Dear Evan Hansen'."
"No Seb, it's March. And the rights won't be available for five years. I tried." Miss Jenn says. "I am announcing that we are in such a good place after our improv workshop. We're getting one step closer to Menkies gold."
"Yeah!" Stephanie cheers as Summer and Haliee high five before laughing.
"And today our wonderful actor/designer, Kourtney Greene, is going to show you your completed costumes!"
Nini and Summer before go over and take the cover off the costumes.
"Speech! Speech!" Nini and Summer shout together.
"Okay, um, guess I'm making a speech." Kourtney says.
Kourtney goes to talk but her phone keeps on going off with messages from Howie.
"Can you not keep your phone on silent in rehearsal, like everyone else?" Carlos asks.
"'Sorry everyone', is what Carlos would say if he was more like me." Seb says.
"Okay, Kourt, I am sorry, but listen to this caption from North High. 'It took 20 people over 50 hours to create our Belle dress. Beast costumes ever'." Carlos reads.
"Terrible pun." Ricky says wrapping an arm around Summer's shoulder, who had her arms crossed, nervously.
"The day we're unveiling our costumes? How did they know that?" Carlos asks. "They've been trolling us like for weeks. And I'm trying not to let it get to me... Oh my god is you're phone hungry? I don't understand what I'm hearing."
"Okay, okay. Let's get back to our costumes." Miss Jenn says.
Kourtney then hands out the costumes, before realising the beast mask was missing.
"You guys... I know where our beast mask is." Carlos says before showing the group North High's costume announcement post.
Loads of people start questioning Carlos on why he was showing them it.
"Carlos, I don't see what you are trying to show, us. I don't think anyone does." Summer tells him, receiving a few nods in agreement.
"Look at the trunk." Carlos says, zooming in on the trunk in the photo. "That is obviously beast fur. Look, it all makes sense. Our mask just happens to go missing the same day they post this. They snuck in here and took it."
"I hate to say it but that did look like a beast mask to me." Ashlyn says.
"Classic beast." Alice agrees.
"Do you really think they'd steal from us?" Seb asks.
"I would." Gina says. "No, I mean I use to be that person, before the present day."
"We have to get even, right?" Stephanie asks.
"Yeah." Everyone agrees.
"Guys, guys, guys. Enough." Miss Jenn says. "Do you really think North High would stoop as low as to sneak in here, break in, and steal Kourtney's work?"
"And they just posted something new." Seb says. "Captioned 'North High is gonna steal your heart this spring'."
"Are they a witch? How do you explain these coincidences?" Carlos asks.
"It's just that, a coincidence." Miss Jenn says. "Now, I want you kids to keep looking for that mask and let the rest go.As I learned when I appeared in a regional production of 'Anything Goes' opposite a women, who sued me for libel, you should never dance with the enemy. Understood?"
"Yes, Miss Jenn." Everyone says.
"Thank you." Miss Jenn says before sending everyone off.

Summer was sat in lesson when the girl in-front of her turned to her.
"Your song is amazing." The girl tells her.
"Thanks?" Summer replies.
"Okay, can everyone get into partners?" the teacher asks.
"Want to be partners?" The girl asks.
"Sure." Summer replies.
"I'm Ruby." The girl says turning her seat so she was fully facing Summer.
"I'm Summer." Summer replies.
"So, was the song about anything or anyone in particular?" Ruby asks.
"Ummm... Nope." Summer says looking down slight and giving her head a small shake.
"You sure?" Ruby questions unconvinced.
"Well... It's about my ex." Summer answers. "Started writing it when we broke up and only just finished it a few days ago. Toke a few months break from writing it."
"Well, I can't wait to hear the newer version in the show. It's gonna be amazing." Ruby says.
"Aww, thank you." Summer says with a smile.
"Of course." Ruby replies.
The teacher then gives the class their assignment causing both girls to turn and listen.

Summer had gone to her locker to get her necklace and ring that Ricky had gotten her, she had taken them off for PE the day before and forgot to put them back on. When she opened her locker they were gone.
"Guys." Summer says walking over to the cafeteria table everyone was sat around. "I think North High may have stolen my necklace and ring as well."
"Wait, the necklace and ring I got you?" Ricky asks.
"Yeah, the guitar pick necklace to be exact." Summer says sitting down next to her boyfriend.
"Lily, was commenting on it a lot at the auditions, and she is now at North High." Haliee says.
"I just don't know how they could have gotten into my locker to steal them." Summer says.
"Maybe Lily saw you putting in your locker combo while we were all waiting for the cast list to be announced." Kourtney suggests.
"Maybe." Summer says before crossing her arms on the table and putting her head down on them,
"Hey." Ricky says rubbing her back causing her to sit up just enough so she could see him. "We'll get them back."
"How?" Summer asks. "You heard Miss Jenn. She wants us to let all of this go."
"We'll go to North High. Get our Beast mask, your necklace and ring back." Carlos says.
"Will that really work?" Summer questions.
"We might as well give it a try." Ashlyn says.
"Let's go then." Ricky says standing up.
He grabs Summer's hands pulling her to her feet as everyone else stands up as well. Ricky wraps his arm around Summer's shoulders pulling her closer.
"Guys stop." Summer says causing the others to stop and look at her. "We can't leave in the middle of the day."
"We'll go after school then." EJ says. "Straight after. Everyone come up with an excuse to leave last lesson 10 minutes early. We'll all meet out o the front drive and go."
"This is not going to end well, I'm telling you guys now." Summer says.
"It'll be fine. Come on, let's get to class." Nini says.
They all agree before going their separate ways to their lessons.