"Dakota why you wanna start with me right now you get that from your mom," a laugh erupted from me as my knee kept bouncing up and down, "yeah this ain't gonna work I'm not doing this."

 I stood up from my seat and immediately went to exit as I pulled my phone up and went to the Lyft app being that my dad had picked me up in his car. As I was going to input my address a text showed at the top of my screen from the man in the restaurant.

Deandre
That was dramatic and you know it how you getting home cause I ain't leaving right now Dakota

I gotta Lyft don't trip

I paid for my Lyft and was notified it'll come in 8 mins so I decided to sit on a cemented ledge that bordered the establishment's flowers.

Deandre
Look kid I apologize come back in let's talk

Nahh I'm good you needa do more self evaluation before we talk again

After I sent my message I put his thread on mute, not wanting to be bothered by any other bullshit he'd say. When I was finally inside my Lyft and 12 minutes from the crib my phone began ringing, the contact displayed being my mom. I clicked accept and brought the phone to my ear.

"Hey mama" I began threading my hands through my hair to ground me a bit.

       "Hi my kota bear what happened" I could hear the concern in her voice.

"Nothing much just your husband being the same as always"

I heard her lowly sigh before she replied "maybe he was still heated from his and I arguments we've been having the last two days kota".

I rolled my eyes at the lame excuse, "mom that's not an excuse at all whatever happened there should've stayed there,  and I knew it was a reason he wanted to see me," I had to laugh at that shit.

         "What do you mean and yes I agree with you"

I was silent for a moment while I looked up at my driver, not wanting to be too loud and have him in my business, "nothin ma I just don't wanna be between what y'all have going on that's why I moved out as soon as I was able to in the first place."

My mom knew this and even though I hated saying it because I love my mom and I know she wanted me home to be with me as long as she could but it's time like this when I feel the need to bring it up so it can maybe open one of my parents eyes to maybe...I don't know either really work they shit or just—divorce.

She was silent for some time before she lowly answered, "yeah— I know Dakota".

I released a tensionless sigh at the sound of my mother's voice, "but um imma call you tomorrow mom alright I'm almost home."

Right now I didn't feel like talking and I couldn't wait to go home and smoke two fat ass blunts!

           "Alright baby I love you and be safe text me when you're home okay?"

"Yeah mama I got you and I love you more," I heard her give a kiss to me through the phone making a small smile spread on my face as I returned to the notion and hung up.

Turning my phone off, I turned to look out the window as I laid my head back and my eyes captured the landmark of a Denny's sign, the one I always pass by when I come or leave by this way indicating me almost being home.

                                        <33

N.S
September 30th