Chapter Five

18.10.23•

A huge chapter dedication to zaynabsarky, happy birthday baby gurlll💐🎂 I love you so much ❤️💋, always.

Enjoy!

YEMEN.

He did not expect to see her there, no denial. Ever since his little encounter with the strange girl a week ago, he never forgot her. He never forgot those light-brown eyes as they stared back into his, daring him to spew more but he did nonetheless.

Aaqib wasn't one to sit and allow someone including one not more than a mere stranger, say words he'd not appreciate—down to the bits.

Who knew that honoring the Golden Card could produce something as much of a mess for him?

He did not know her name. Well, he did know the Princess' name, just not the name of the girl he encountered at Kamran's company's anniversary dinner. He had no idea she was the Aamira. Zero idea.

All he knew was the fact that he met a smart-mouthed clueless teenager -she definitely looked like one- who had no idea what she was doing with her darn life.

That was all he knew.

But the sudden revelation of her status shocked him to his core. There was always this feud between his family and the royals, ever since more than a decade. He grew up to discover this but never knew the concrete reason behind it, despite his perseverance towards his father to know the strong truth.

"Sire, what is your take on the proposal?" Asked Henrick, his assistant.

Right, he was in the middle of a rendezvous with Taair and the others; in view of some proposal he happened to zoned out from. Now they'll take him not so seriously. Whilst still maintaining a blank expression, he straightened his posture.

"I'll think about it, Mr. Taair. Thus for now, the meeting is adjourned." Seeing the look on Taair's face, he looked at the inked paper before him on the large table before adding. "I'm sorry about that, something utmostly needs my attention and I have to attend to it. I do wish for your understandability."

If never, he rarely apologized—unless the weight of that certain issue needed words of it. Consequently, him apologizing for cutting short a rather important meeting equals the frank fact that he was no apologist.

No matter the need for the other party to hear one, they'd simply grin and bear it with faked humor; just as Taair was at that moment.

Aaqib thought that was easy as pie for him. Though he knew better than to believe the man's supposed 'nod of understanding', the fakeness behind it and the small smile was prominent that Aaqib felt a bit bad for lying. A bit.

Taair wasn't a friend or an ally, but he'd label their relationship as that of business associates—nothing more or less.

The said man stood up on his feet, buttoning his coat in the process. His assistant Aaqib knew not the name of -forgot the name of actually- followed behind his boss' actions; not wanting to get on his bad side, as he sure was in that mood to sack any employee that played fast and loose. That mood.

"I hope whatever the issue is, can be solved efficaciously and without difficultness," his expression, mirroring the latter's. Words weren't only said, but spat with an underlying displeasure. "...we shall take our leave now."