● Sixteen ●

MAY 3RD

"How's mom doing?" Mio timidly asked, looking up to crimsons across the table. 

"He's alright. He's better." Katsuki replied. He looked over to his daughter who picked at her food. 

"If he's better, then why isn't he eating dinner with us?" She muttered, a scowl on her face. Bakugou sighed, taking a bite. 

"He's not hungry. He ate a lot of snacks today, so at least he's eating." He shrugged. "Your mom just wants some time alone, too. Grandpa's funeral is tomorrow, he needs some time to prepare himself for it." Katsuki explained. 

"I'm gonna miss him." Mio sighed, looking down with glassy eyes. Everyone missed Yagi. But it was clear that Izuku missed him more than anything. 

"How're you feeling?" Katsuki hummed, his voice low and quiet as he sat on the edge of the bed. He looked over to his lover's back, scoffing at how Izuku's face as buried in a fluffy pillow. He ran his hand up the greenette's back, lifting his shirt to reveal freckles. 

"Mm." He received a low hum in response. 

"You hungry?" 

"I ate a twinkie just now." The omega muttered, shifting his head to the side to reveal puffy red eyes. "Are the kids in bed? What time is it?" 

"10:30." Katsuki breathed in response, leaning down to press a gentle kiss on his partner's temple. "I tucked them in, you don't have to get up." He huffed. "Are you ready for tomorrow?" He asked, hesitant. 

"The funeral?" Izuku mumbled, his voice cracking. "Yeah. I'm ready. Ready-ish. I know I'm gonna lose my mind once I see the casket." He tried to hold a wobbly smile but failed as his eyes grew glassy. 

"You'll be fine. It's normal for people to cry about deaths, Izuku." The blond chuckled, pushing back a green curl. 

"Yeah, I know. But it hurts so much. I feel like I'm dying. I feel like I shouldn't be affected this much, yet I am. I feel like a crybaby." He sniffled, holding back tears. Izuku shakily inhaled, looking up to soft crimsons. 

"You are a crybaby." Katsuki spat. "But I love that about you. Me, and plenty of other heroes think it's a weakness to cry. But you've proven that wrong to me time and time again. You're not afraid to show emotions, and you shouldn't be." He shrugged. 

"I've been crying for four days straight, Kacchan. I can't bring myself to eat meals, I only nibble on junk food. Soon enough, I'll be too fat to move." He sniffled and his alpha laughed. 

"Don't be such a drama-queen." Katsuki teased. "You're mourning. Everybody does so in their own ways. You agency did tell you to take the time you needed to recover before going back to work." 

"Aren't you affected by his passing?" The greenette timidly asked, closing his eyes as the blond's hands continued to rub circles on his bare back. He listened to his lover sigh before responding.

"Yeah, 'course I am." Bakugou breathed. "I'm gonna miss him too. And it's still a shock to me that he's gone. But there's nothing I can do about it; nothing I can do to bring him back. I've got to suck it up and deal with it." He shrugged as he spoke. 

"Wow." Izuku suddenly scoffed. "You're making yourself sound so cool, now I really do feel like a big fat crybaby." He chuckled, a smile forming as a tear stained the pillow beneath his head. Bakugou cracked a smile as he snickered along. 

"Can I curl up and cuddle with you? My crybaby?" He laughed softly. Izuku smiled, nodding as he shifted over, giving the blond some space to get comfortable. The greenette sighed as strong arms wrapped around his waist, a silence roaming around their room as they relaxed in each other's arms. "We're old." The blond hissed, grumbling as he spoke. 

Izuku giggled, nodding along. "I'm turning 34 in a few months." He smiled. "We are old. We'll be going through retirement soon, and the kids are gonna get married, and then we'll be grandparents, and then we'll die. Then Moon and Mio are going to be grandparents..." He trailed off, feeling his alpha tense at the words. 

"Shut the fuck up before I beat your ass." Bakugou snarled. "Don't go saying shit like that, they're barely teenagers." He hissed. "Moon just turned 13, don't go talking about how we're gonna be grandparents."

"Oh, come on! Wouldn't it be fun to have more babies around, though?" Izuku giggled. 

"Sure, but not from them! They're still babies!" Katsuki chuckled, looking down to happy emeralds which he hadn't seen properly in nearly a week. A silence roamed as he thought for a moment, leaning down to press a kiss on a freckled forehead. "We're old. It's not time for us to think about babies." He softly smiled. 

"We're not that old. I know lots of people who have given birth after the age of 40." Izuku spoke, his voice low. Crimsons met greens again and a silence occurred. 

"Don't go giving yourself ideas." Bakugou said.

"I'm not. Are you?" Midoriya muttered, cocking a brow. Katsuki stiffened, shaking his head. 

"Fuck no, two kids is enough." He laughed, a cocky smile on his features. Izuku grinned, leaning forward for their lips to meet. The two flinched as their bedroom door creaked after a knock, Moon peeking inside. "What is it, princess?" 

"Can I sleep with you guys?" She whined, awkwardly shifting into their bedroom. Izuku's breath hitched as the door creaked open some more, Mio standing behind the thirteen-year-old. "I miss grandpa." She admitted, green eyes growing glassy as she spoke. 

"Come here, don't cry, sweetheart." Katsuki hummed, sitting up and opening his arms. He sighed as Moon hurried into his grasp, crawling onto his lap to find a comfortable position. "You too, firecracker." He chuckled. 

Izuku smiled as his son joined him on his side of the bed, leaning in for a hug as he struggled to find a comfortable position between his two parents. A silence roamed as they settled down, Moon resting on her father's strong chest and Mio resting between them. 

"How old was grandpa again?" Mio hummed, looking up with tired red eyes. 

"He was 65. He was supposed to turn 66 on June 10th." Izuku answered, watching his son nod. 

Katsuki watched as Mio asked another question, seeing happiness appear in emeralds as his lover answered all of them like the All-Might fanboy he is. For some reason, Midoriya seemed to cheer up whenever he spoke to his kids about hero work. 

"Alright, quiet down and get some rest." He smirked, green eyes meeting his own. Izuku smiled ruffling his pup's hair as he chuckled. 

"Okay, good night." The omega hummed, pressing a kiss on Mio's head.