XIV

"Again with this Ellie?" Maria frowned at the girl. She was not happy. Quinn stood behind the two as they argued and watched quietly.

"They were there! They were close they're gonna keep looking for her you know. They're not gonna stop." Quinn flinched, she couldn't help but feel guilty. If it were for her not being at Jackson then the WLF wouldn't be wondering the area. She wasn't sure exactly how new broken out she was still alive and well but it did.

The WLF had been looking for and they had no plans on stopping. "We can't let their military rush in here. These people? They're not ready."

"I'm ready! If they even dare set foot inside of Jackson I'll have every man possible ready."

"With all due respect the WLF will destroy this place. I know it's harsh but Ellie is right. Our best bet is to strike them before they strike us."

"Except she doesn't want to go out there for Isaac. She wants to go out there for Abby." Maria pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration.

"Abby isn't even with them....but the fact still stands we need to do something. You didn't see what we saw in patrol today. These people they'll stop at nothing."

"Ellie enough! I don't want to hear it. It's a no! Was losing Tommy not enough!? Did it mean absolutely nothing to you!?" Maria yelled at the top of her lungs. Quinn's face shot towards Ellie who was visibly hurt.

"How could you-" Ellie choked up. "I didn't ask him to come with me! He came on his own."

"And you promised to bring him back! But you didn't." Tears were threatening to come out. Quinn furrowed her brows disappointed with Maria's words

"Come on let's go home okay?" When Ellie opened her mouth to speak the raven haired girl shook her head. Enough had been said and if it continued like this they would both end up saying more things they didn't mean.

"I'm going. You can't stop me." Quinn sighed. Ellie was so stubborn, she knew this to be true. If her mind was made up there was no stopping her.

"If you two leave don't expect to be welcomed with open arms." Ellie looked at her shocked. So did Quinn. Did it have to come to this? Was it really that bad. Maria looked away in guilt and Quinn pulled on Ellie's arm. This is exactly what she was trying to avoid.

"Okay." Ellie muttered before walking out. The door slamming shut. Quinn stayed behind hoping the blonde would say something but when she didn't she followed behind Ellie's footsteps.

Back at home Ellie had started to collect her things.

"Hey hey. Slow down. It's night time. We're not going now."

"I just-I cant believe she said that." Ellie dropped on their bed defeated. Quinn followed her actions and placed her hand on the girls back. She rubbed small circles in a comforting manner before speaking.

"She didn't mean it."

"And if she did?" Ellie argued.

"She's just angry. We all say stuff we don't meant when we're angry."

"She made it sound like I was the reason Tommy died. He chose to go before I did. We could've gone together."

"I know, I know." Quinn listened to the girl rant. That's all she needed, she knew her long enough to know that. "I already feel guilty enough."

"It's not your fault. You know that. Now come on let's go to bed and tomorrow we'll come up with a levelheaded plan okay?" Ellie looked up at Quinn. Her green eyes that were once full of fire were full of uncertainty.

"Okay." Quinn nodded with a smile and stood up.

"Up." She commanded and Ellie did as told. Her arms went up in the air and Quinn helped her take her shirt of leaving her in her sports bra. Ellie took care of the rest and unbuttoned her jeans and tossed them across the room. After Quinn did the same leaving her in a tshirt she climbed in the bed alongside Ellie.

Ellie laid down facing the ceiling still in thought. Quinn placed her head on the girl chest and whispered. "I love you."

"I love you too." The brunette replied and eventually with time Ellie was the first to fall asleep. Quinn never failed to make her relaxed from just her presence. The next morning they both awoke earlier than expected by a loud knock on the door.

"It's me Maria!" A voice yelled and Ellie quickly sat up.

"Stay here." Ellie quickly stood up and rushed to get dressed. Quinn of course didn't listen and got dressed as well following behind the girl. Ellie swung the door open not sure what to say. Maria stood outside a determined look on her face.

"I will provide you with the supplies needed. Again. Under one condition." Ellie's shoulders relaxed in relief and she nodded urging the woman to continue.

"You both end this. Once and for all. Take care of Isaac..." she stopped for a bit. "And Abby."

"Abby?" Quinn questioned and Maria nodded. "She killed my husband I want her dead."