XII

If there was one thing Tommy wasn't good at, it was comforting. Either way Quinn still appreciated his constant attempts.

"I'm sorry. Joel was so much better at this than me." Tommy scratched the back of his neck and sighed.

"Ellie will be glad to see you." Quinn changed the subject as they inched closer to the theater.

"I think it's about time we ended this. Went home..." Quinn furrowed her brows at the thought of letting Isaac live but she didn't argue. Remembering how this whole thing was affecting the girl in the theater. She wanted what was best for Ellie and if going home with unfinished business was it then so be it.

"Welcome to our humble home." Quinn joked as she slid the door open. As soon as she did a body came flying towards her. She felt lips collide with her. The kiss was desperate and needy.

"Where the hell did you go!?" Ellie pulled away leaving the girl before her shocked. But not as shocked as the blonde man who cleared his throat. His presence didn't stop the brunette from growing impatient at the lack of answers coming from Quinn.

"I was worried sick! I wake up you're gone." Ellie yelled louder and Quinn finally spoke. "I'm sorry i wanted to help I just-"

"You just what?" Quinn's eyes filled with tears and Tommy stepped in. "She had a rough day kid."

"What happened?" Ellie questioned still visibly angry. "I killed Owen and Mel..."

There was a long pause before she spoke again. "Mel was pregnant. I knew...that didn't stop me." Ellie looked at her wide eyed. Her expression softened and she looked to Tommy.

"We're going home. This thing has gone on too far."

"So Abby get to live?" Ellie speaks dumbfounded. "Yeah is that okay?"

For Tommy, Joel's brother to be asking Ellie if that was okay with her showed how truly deep her bond with Joel was. Quinn wished she could witness it, a time where they were both happy.

"I guess. It's gonna have to be." She pauses and looks up. "What about Isaac Quinn?"

Quinn averts eyes contact. If she were to say she was okay with that she would've been lying, but she cared way more about the girl besides her than revenge. Not to mention the whole journey had gotten to her head. She'd done things that would haunt her dreams. Killed so many.

"It's fine."

"Just like that?"

"Yeah." Ellie nodded and retreated to one of the theater rooms. Clearly she was upset but she didn't say so out loud. "I should probably..."

"No yeah, go ahead. I'm gonna figure what's the best route to get home." Tommy nodded awkwardly and Quinn followed after Ellie. Quinn gently knocked on the door before opening it. Neither of them had to speak. It was like they both knew how the other felt. Bittersweet and unsatisfied, but they knew this was their best option. They both slept holding each other the whole night. Scared that if they let go the other one would disappear.

"Quinn." Ellie shook the girl awake and her eyes shot up.

"It's time to leave..."  Ellie looked in her eyes again wondering if this is truly what either of them wanted. Ellie stood up from the bed they made by putting two couches together.

"About Jackson...my house has one bedroom so if you're not really comfortable with that you can stay in the place that um Maria offered?"

Quinn smiled at the girl before standing up. She took the brunettes hands in hers and kissed them ever so gently. Careful to not put too much pressure on her already bruised knuckles.