XIII

6 months later

"Dude calm down. She's gonna say yes." Ellie rolled her eyes as she watched the Jesse pace back and forth.

"I don't know she's been very angry at me lately."

"Well I mean she just gave birth I'm sure taking care of the baby is stressful enough."

"I know I'm just scared."

"You know it's kind of fun seeing you like this. You always act all cool, calm and collected."

"That's not funny El's." Quinn bumped her shoulder and laughed.

"Shhh shhh here she comes." Jesse panics even more as Dina walks in the house.

"Heyyy Dina." Ellie tries not to be awkward and she smiles. "Are you guys sure about this?"

"Yup we'll be fine. You guys go have a good time. You need this." Ellie reassured the girl and Quinn opened her arms.

"Okay hand the little munchkin over." She gave her a wide smile and Dina nodded. "Okay okay we're going."

"Yup, get out of here." Ellie slaps Jesse in the back and he chokes on a cough. They watch the couple walk out in unison and Jesse looks back. Quinn gives him a thumbs up and smiles. The man nods before closing their door.

"Okay. So how about I get dinner started?" Quinn handed Ellie the baby and she nodded.

"Yes we don't want me setting the kitchen on fire." Ellie jokes as she bounces JJ in her arms. Quinn rolls her eyes and laughs. "Not even the worse thing. Just the scary amount of salt you use is enough to keep you away."

"Hey! It's not that bad. Is it?"

"It's that bad." Quinn opens her eyes in an exaggerated manner. "Pshh whatever."

Quinn washes her hands and gets started on dinner. Ellie watches her in awe. She always found her to be most beautiful whenever she focused on the things she loved.

"Will you look at that. He's made himself comfortable." Ellie whispers as she looks down at the now sleeping baby. Quinn giggles and shakes her head.

"Go put him in bed okay." Ellie stands up from the table and disappears for a minute before walking back in. The brunette slowly approaches the girl cutting vegetables and moves the hair from her neck to the side.

"What are you doing?" Quinn smiles as she feels Ellie plant smalls kisses up her neck.

"Rewarding you for all the delicious foods you make."

"Well in that case keep going." Ellie smiles and her hands travel up her waist.

"You like that?" She whispers in her ears. Her breath sends chills down Quinn's spine.

"Yeah you do." Ellie answers for her and chuckles. "Okay I'll stop distracting you now."

"You are such a tease." Quinn mutters under her breath. "What was that?"

"Nothing." The raven haired girl chuckles and quickly finishes up dinner. She serves their plates and set them down. She watched Ellie take the first bite and waits.

"So?" Quinn ushers the girl.

"It's great. It always is." Quinn smiles a satisfied look on her face and starts to eat. They pass time as they usually do.

"Stay still." Ellie frowned as she looked up at Quinn who always seemed to get nervous under the girls gaze shifted in her seat. The sound of Ellie's pencil drawing against paper was the only sound occupying the room.

"You're so beautiful." Ellie looked up from her paper surprised. "What?"

"I said you're beautiful. I wish I could draw so I could capture your beauty the same way you do mines." Quinn's eyes trailed her body and the girl felt her cheeks get hot.

"Quinn..." Ellie put her pencil down and looked up at the girl. Quinn didn't know what expression she was making. It was different from all the other ones she had seen, it almost made her nervous.

"Yes?"

"I love you." Ellie spoke almost as if a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. For days she had been debating if it was okay for her to admit it. Scared that as soon as she did she'd lose her. Quinn automatically smiled she couldn't help it. Her cheeks turned rosy pink and she could feel her heart beating against her chest.

"I love you too." Quinn stood up from her chair and embraced the girl across from her. Their lips collided. Like two puzzle pieces their lips fit each other perfectly. The kiss deepened as if they were kissing for the first time. Ellie's hand traveled up the girls back all the way up to her hair where she pulled her head back. She let herself explore the girls neck all the way down to her exposed collarbone.

With each warm kiss she planted on her body Quinn melted underneath her. Without even noticing they now sat on their couch.

"Be quiet or you'll wake the baby." Ellie instructed as she nibbled on her ear. Her fingertips traveled down her shoulder to the strap of Quinn tank top. She slowly pulled it down revealing the girls chest. "You're so pretty like this."

Quinn look away in embarrassment and Ellie forced her to look back at her. The brunette kept eye contact as she lowered herself down the girls body. She left marks around her breast and watched as Quinn lost herself in the sensation. After a while she became needy and Ellie took notice of her fleeting patience. Ellie smiled before looking back at the girl. She slowly lifted her long white skirt and buried herself in between her legs.

Quinn's head shot back and she couldn't keep herself from squirming. Ellie's grip on her tights tightened and Quinn's hand instinctively grabbed on to the girls hair.

"Ellie." She whimpered the girls name. It was like music to her ears hearing utter her name ever so quietly. She quickly felt the knot form on her stomach and her grip on the girls hair tightened, not that it bothered the brunette. "Don't stop." She begged.

Soon enough the tension below her eased and her body relaxed up. Ellie didn't stop until she was sure the girl was fully done. After a while she looked up proud, helping her fix her skirt. "Good job at being quiet."

"Oh shut up." Quinn stuttered embarrassed. "You're still shy after all this time."

Ellie teased the girl and they heard a knock on their door.

"Looks like we finished just in time." Ellie winked licking her lips. An embarrassed Quinn hastily approached the door. Ellie fixed her hair as Quinn welcomed them in.

"So? How'd it go?" Ellie smiled at the couple. Not long after her question Dina raised her arm flaunting the ring in her finger.

"Fuck yeah dude." Ellie high fives Jesse and The

"You should seen how nervous he was before you guys left."

"Quinn!" Jesse looked at her surprised and the girl laughed. "It's true!"

"So this is why you guys went out on quote on quote patrols so often?" Dina questioned the trio and they nodded. "Just trying to find a ring your size. Not to mention we had to eyeball it obviously."

"You guys are so cheesy." Dina shook her head and looked around.

"He asleep?"

"Yeah. Fell asleep about two hours ago. I'll go get him." Quinn made her way to the room they had absolutely reserved for the baby.

"Here he is. Such an angel." Quinn kissed his forehead before handing him back over to Dina.

"Like I said you guys can have us babysit whenever you need some time. We didn't build that crib for nothing!"

"Yes yes. I'll make sure to bring him by once in a while." Dina smiled as she rocked back and forth.

"You guys have a good night." Jesse dismissed himself and Dina.

"Come on. Let's go to bed. We have a real patrol tomorrow and we better not be late." Ellie informed and pulled the girl along with her.