I couldn't be totally defensive about it when it was true so far...

I went to lie down when a sudden feeling of exhaustion hit me. Mikka packed her bag and made her way to Antonio whose eyes followed her every move. He took her bag from her and kissed the top of her head before they both went on their way.

"So cute..." I mumbled tiredly, struggling to keep my eyes open.

"That did not make me feel lonely at all." Arianna sighed and she walked out of the room as well.

I let out a small chuckle at her comment and got comfortable as my eyes closed. The bed was so soft and practically sucked me in, which my aching body was grateful for.
A blanket was pulled over me and I felt the bed dip next to me, fingers lightly caressing my face. I opened my eyes and saw that
Nicholas's gaze was focused on my now stitched-up brow.

"Get some sleep."

"What about yourself? You haven't slept at all." I had no idea how he was still awake and not looking tired at all when we both didn't get any sleep the night before. I was ready to sleep and not wake up for the next ten days.

"You don't need to worry about me."

"A bit too late for that now." I gave a small smile, and a corner of his mouth lifted a little. He leaned down and pressed a small kiss on my lips.

"I'll send Arianna in to keep an eye on you."

"Okay." I was a bit disappointed that he was going to leave but I didn't want to sound like a needy little girl.

I let out a sigh and closed my eyes while enjoying the way he was caressing my face, having sleep come to me in no time.

The sound of faint voices disturbed my deep slumber. I moved around a bit on the bed to get comfortable and resume my sleep. Just as I was about to fall back asleep again, someone barged into the room. I quickly sat up with a scream and my heart almost jumped out of my chest. I jumped when an arm wrapped around me and pulled me back into them. I turned my head to see Nicholas glaring at the person who had barged in like that.

"What the fck happened to you?!" Tessa's voice filled the room and I put a hand on my chest in relief. For a moment, I thought the guy who attacked me found me to finish me off. Arianna called after Tessa, telling her she couldn't just barge into the room like that but
she ignored her.

"My goodness, look at your face." Tessa cupped my face, moving my head from side to side to examine.

"You almost gave me a heart attack!" I smacked her hands and scowled at her, only to wince in pain when a throbbing feeling began from my brow. The skin was tightened uncomfortably and it was painful.

"Don't touch it." Nicholas stopped me when I was about to.

"I feel like I have been hit by a truck." I groaned. I leaned back and rested on the headboard. My body felt heavy and in so much pain. It was much worse today.

"You look like it too. Who did this?" Tessa continued.

"Please, stop yelling. My head is about to explode." I complained and closed my eyes. I was too drained of energy and in too much pain to be interrogated right now.

"Keep your voice down, she needs to rest. Dante, get your woman out of here." Nicholas almost snapped and I opened my eyes just in time to see Dante getting Tessa out of the room. She wanted to say something about it but took a look at me and decided against it and left quietly.

"What time is it?" I turned to look at Nicholas, only to realize he was shirtless.
What a treat for the eyes.

"It's seven."