Chapter 2

The pic on the side is Ty and he is hot as fuck.

The plane lands in Chicago.

The way this airport works is you have to take a tram from the plane to your gate.

I stop before getting on the tram and call Katie.

"Are you landed?" she asks.

"Yes." I whisper. "I'm scared. Katie, I can't do this!" I start to panic.

"Listen," she begins. "Reread the letter and call me back if you still have any doubts."

I gulp. "Okay."

"Good luck. Love you."

"Love you too."

I hang up and dig the letter out of my pocket.

I read it four times before I get on the next tram.

I didn't bring a carry on because the only things I need is my phone, headphones, keys, wallet, and letter. Everything else is in my suitcase.

My heart still pounds as I ride the tram to the gate.

People flood off.

The driver stares at me when I don't get up.

"Kid, you gotta get up." the man says.

I take a deep breath.

"Something seems to be bothering you, little lady. Wanna talk about it?"

I take a deep breath.

"I left my fiancé for someone else because I was using my fiancé to get over the other guy and now I'm here to see the other guys and it's been seven years and we left things really badly and I'm terrified."

He smiles gently.

"Did he ask you to come here?"

"He wrote me a letter and he bought the ticket but he doesn't know I'm here. He's right on the other side of that gate." The man nods

"He's not going to hurt you. Obviously he's ready to fix it. The question is, are you?"

I gulp and nod.

"Then get on out there and go hug the man you're in love with."

The last tram shows up. I get off mine and everyone from the third tram almost tramples me.

I walk with the crowd, until people disappear to meet their families and I stand there like an idiot, looking for Ty.

If he flew me all the way out here and didn't show up, I'm going to be devastated.

I pull out my phone and start to frantically text Katie, glancing up one more time.

And there he is. Directly in front of me, all the way across the airport, leaning against a pole that supports the ceiling. His eyes are locked onto me, but he can't seem to move.

Damn, he's gorgeous. He's stronger than ever and so buff. He's wearing brown combat boots, army green cargo pants, a black t-shirt, and a tan jacket. His thumbs are in his pockets and his ankles are crossed.

He's studying me.

I had already sent like twenty messages to Katie.

Me: katie he isn't here

Me: he set me up

Me: i'm gonna cry

Me: I wanna go home