The Blessed Ones: The Broken Pieces of a Family Part 1 (Chapter 1, Page 3)

It was dreary outside, as it started to downpour, the rain dribbled down the window, with the opened curtains of an apartment window. The apartment filled with silence, as nobody was home, to fill the apartment with excitement other than two very quiet parents, who were waiting for their children's arrival. The rain kept pouring worse. As the door finally creaked open filling the silent apartment with some sound to be heard. "We're home!" Three unsatisfied children walked in soaked from the downpour of the rain outside their apartment. "Welcome home, we've been waiting, quickly now dry up before you all get sick!" The mother of the three children greeted them as she worried for their health. "Yes mom." They all say in unison not intentionally either. They take off their shoes and walk to the bathroom as all of them grab towels then the boys go straight to their rooms to change, and soon after the girl does the same. After all three of them have changed out off their soaked clothes, that were supposed to stay dry, because the info on the weather was supposed to be a sunny and hot day, but instead what they got was a bunch of down pouring rain outside. They all gathered at the table where both their parents have been sitting for hours in silence. "Ana, how was your day?" The father of the three children finally spoke asking his daughter who is also his youngest child, how her day went. "It was better, than the fact that it's pouring hard right now." Ana responds disappointed in how the weather turned out. "Elliot, how has your day been?" Their father asks his eldest son of the three siblings. "It was good, and unlike Ana, I don't really mind the rain that much, it's somewhat comforting to me." Elliot responds calmly to his father. "Carter, how has your day been?" He finally asks his second son, the middle child of the family. "It was good, and honestly i'm not a fan of the rain, but the sounds from inside are soothing." Carter responds to their father calmly and gently with his words. "That's good that all of you have had a good day, and sorry Ana, I know you're not a huge fan of the rain and nor is Carter other than the sounds of it." He replies to all three of their responses at once, while their mother is sitting at the table listening to the conversation, while smiling at her children and her husband. The children smile at their mother and father, as silence falls the apartment once more. "So, does anybody have exciting news for us?" Their mother asks them politely waiting for a response trying to break the silence. "I get to go downtown tomorrow, because I had asked Officer Darien if he could be my job coach for the day, I have to write a whole resume and research paper on job searching, everyone in my class are allowed to find a job coach for the day to gain experience and write about it for the resume and research paper. Thank you officer for accepting me to witness your work for the day!" Elliot responds to his mothers question immediately as he explains excitedly about tomorrow.  "Oh, that will be nice to see an officer at work!" Their mother responds to Elliot excitedly for her eldest son. "Officer in action, what are you trying to become an officer for?" Carter says mockingly and then proceeds to ask his older brother all seriously about his intentions.

  How did the children react when they got home? What did they do after changing into dry clothes? What did their father want to know? How did their mother react? 

Why is Carter so upset with his older brother? Find out on The Blessed Ones: The Broken Pieces of a Family Part 2 (Chapter 1, Page 4) Stay tuned for more!

The Blessed Ones: The Broken Pieces of a Family Part 1 (Chapter 1, Page 3)