Chapter 11 - the truth

"Ok hold on a second

"Ok hold on a second. So your telling me that your like 40 years old." I say confused walking up and down on the beach Infront of Ryder who's laughing at me resting his back on a palm tree. "If you were 40 how did I know you when I was younger because that makes no sense, how are u still so.." I pause my words not continuing.

"Good looking. I know it's the Prince genes." Ryder says I roll my eyes.

"Why did u leave anyway that's so silly your royalty but you decided to go rouge with some gross mer people." I pause ryder glares. "Sorry not gross but rude fish people!" I throw my hands down in a rant. The sun is setting and I've been talking for hours. Ryders been telling me everything I ask. About his home, what he is, what he eats, his people, his culture, everything. But one thing he hasn't told me yet is what happened to him.

"They aren't all rude!! And they weren't rude, they were just savage human eating people." Ryder shrugged. I flopped down on the sand.

"Ok serious question. What happened for you to became, um that." I ask him. He looks disappointed.

"Uh well it was about a year after I left you on that beach that I met Damien, I was going savage alone in a cave with my own thoughts for about 4 months because I couldn't bare going back home the way that I was. Damien took me under his wing and thought me his ways and as time went on I became his under study, we planned attacks together, trained together, hunted together, I was like his son. Each passing year I just got worse. My thirst for blood shed and destruction were so bad too the point where I was just killing for fun." He said looking guilty, that sentence sent a shiver up my spine. It made me wonder if I was really safe with him.

"I was loosing my humanity and I just didn't care what I did I had no feel for it. But that was until we sank your ship and well killed everyone. When I saw you just floating there lifeless I felt a sense of guilt, especially when I found out it was you. I stayed away from you for this reason because I never wanted you getting hurt again because of my people. And when I saw you were injured I just, I knew I needed to protect you sophie, I would never harm you." He put my hand in his looking at me passionately.

"Although there were times I wanted to rip you to shreds and eat you I didn't because I knew I just couldn't, and I only had those thoughts because of desperation." I looked at him with concern. He chuckled. "Maybe I shouldn't have told you that bit but I was being honest." I tried too give a serious face but I just bursted out laughing. I fell on my back and kicked my legs as my chest burned from laughing so hard.

"Sorry! Just you wanting to eat me got me!" I said sitting up catching my breath.

"How's that funny!!! I thought about killing you." I stopped laughing.