Chapter 9 - escaped

I can't believe what is happening right now

I can't believe what is happening right now. Ryder isn't who I thought he was and now I'm so confused. The waters freezing cold and my lungs are starting to burn. Ryders swimming really fast to get us out but because of the shaking that happened lots of passages we're unable to get through.

I tap Ryders back a few times trying to tell him I need air. Ryder holds my waist tighter. Somehow even though I know what he is and the situation I am in I still feels safe.
"I'm sorry sophie please just hold on a little longer I'm trying to get us out I promise." He says as he turns a corner. I hear the storm grow louder and closer. Maybe that means we are almost out. I feel my eyes are squeezed shut and my body grows weak and tired. I tap ryder again.

"Sophie your okay! Okay I've got you." He pants. He swims straight then there is a bit of light. I open my eyes, the salt water stinging them. just as I do we are out. he lets go of my head and holds my waist pushing me upwards.

I break the surface gasping for air. I feel so exhausted and I didn't even swim. The sky booms with lightning, thunder and heavy rain. The waves are wild moving us up and down. Ryder surfaces looking concerned.
"Are you okay?!" He asks me holding me above the water. I don't know what to say to him. The moon lights his skin by the waters to dark to see his tail. His eyes a glowing blue colour, his neck now has gills either side. His shoulders have some black shiny scales but he somehow still looks human. His skin isn't green, Maybe he's not like the other ones that hurt me.

He breaks my train of thought moving one of his hands to my face rubbing my cheek. His fingers are webbed. "Sophie please answer me!!" He pleaded his eyes full of despair. They are so beautiful when they are glowing.My teeth chatter. "It's cold." I tell him. He smiles at me.

"I know, I know I'm sorry! I'm so sorry Sophie I didn't mean for this to happen please forgive me!" He begs. Thunder crashes behind us. I hold his cold face. I remove my hands from his face and fold them around his neck.

"It's ok it's ok, you can explain later but please we need to get out of this storm." I plead to him as waves crash us, continuously splashing me in the face. He starts swimming forwards some waves crashing over our heads and hitting my back. I shiver my teeth chattering as the water is so cold. I hold onto him tightly as his powerful tail glides through the water.

Suddenly A giant wave forms Infront of us. "Ryder!" I turn away from it hiding my face in the cook of his neck. I hold his neck tightly and he stops moving. He holds me tightly bracing us. Ryder seems to relax and there is another light coming from somewhere. I let go of Ryder and turn around, moving behind him. I held onto his shoulders for support. I peek over his shoulder and there is a lady in like a circle in the wave it's like she's on tv. I gasp wiping my eyes from the rain.