Chapter 6 - survival

Before I start this story this is sorta what the cave looks like but more room on the sides for them to be but that's what the cave opening looks like, this cave can also flood as this cave is very much underwater

Before I start this story this is sorta what the cave looks like but more room on the sides for them to be but that's what the cave opening looks like, this cave can also flood as this cave is very much underwater. Light can be seen through the water but during the night the cave is pitch black, anyways onto the next chapter.

I wake up to the cave being darker, it must be night but thanks to my merman abilities I can see, unlucky for Sophie she can't

I wake up to the cave being darker, it must be night but thanks to my merman abilities I can see, unlucky for Sophie she can't. I look down to see her still peacefully sleeping on my lap. I run my hands through her hair just like I used to do when we were kids. A thought rubs through my head. A thought I haven't thought of in a long long time. I sigh. Maybe it's a good time to see if I can get in touch with my ancestor's. god they probably think I'm dead but I need their help.

I groan as I take off my necklace. I lean over not to far on fear I will crush Sophie and put my palm in the water with my necklace in hand. "I need to speak with my ancestors." I say. With that the shell part of my necklace glows. The water in the cave bubbles a bit and a circle starts to form in the water. In the circle a person appeared though it. Almost as if she was on a screen.

"Ryder?! Is that you, for goodness sakes I thought you were dead! Where have you been!" She says very hastily.

"I'm sorry! I don't have Time for that right now I'll explain everything when I can I promise but right now I have a problem." I say looking down at the water. Sophie groans so I start playing with her hair again, her body relaxes. In her sleep she moves her hands up and hugs my waist. God she's so cute even if she didn't mean to do it.

"Ryder! Is something with you? What is going on??" Just as she said that the water in the cave moves up and forms a little wave showing my ancestor me and Sophie sound asleep on me. She gasps. "Ryder is that a human? What are you doing! I thought we discussed this! That isn't the girl from Comino is it , i thought you left that place and land, I-" before she said another word I cut her off.

"Yes it is her but she dosnt know that and please enough with the questions I'll answer them when I can. Look the reason I called for you is because we are in trouble we'll mostly me and maybe her, but there was a tifin attack and lots of humans are dead and the ship went down and well it's a long story, but we are hiding out in a cave and shes injured, and she dosnt know what I am and I don't know what to do!" I plead with her. She sighs.