7

<- K ->

The feeling of Deku's skin against his own makes his blood warm. All his body wants to do is melt into the heat, to never leave Deku's side. That reality is so close that he can almost taste it, the thought is enough to make his heart throb, but he easily forces the smile back. 

Deku looks so confused, so scared that he will say something about him being wrong. He doesn't miss the way his cheeks dust with pink, making the freckles on his face stand out more. It only makes him feel even lighter.

 He takes in the way Deku doesn't push his hand back, he doesn't even tense up when he rests his hand on his thigh. That's a good sign right? Deku is already so comfortable with him, he trusts him. 

He doesn't want to push it too fast, so he keeps his hand where it is despite his heart screaming at him to keep going, to see how far Deku will- 

"No, Izuku, it isn't. I've been thinking the same thing." 

The words leave his lips and Deku's eyes widen, the vibrant green showing so much of his emotions that Katsuki just wants to drown in them all. 

"We have all of this shit here, more than we could ever need. The old hag and old man will take care of your mom, and shitty hair and the rest of the extras will be just fine with each other. We could just stay here and... things will be just like they were back when we were brats." 

His heart jumps when Deku puts his hand on top of his, the warmth almost scalding. His green eyes are so comforting and welcoming, and the small smile on his face makes him want to frame it and put it up on the wall. 

"Really? Just like when we were kids, Kacchan?" 

His throat closes at the small gleam of amusement in his eyes, and he turns away. 

"Yeah." 

Izuku laughs and it rings in his ears like bells. 

"Then..." 

He feels Deku's hand squeeze his own and looks back at him. 

"Let's stay here. Together." 

He stares at him like he can't get enough before he finally answers. 

"Okay Deku. Me and you." at least until the brat shows up.