Careful what you say yes to

Flashes of my week were on replay as I moved on the dance floor. Conversation with the boss there would be no promotion for me. Arguing with a tow company after they towed my car which was the wrong car. Finding out my Ex-girlfriend is pregnant with her perfect Instagram girlfriend. Hashtag Couple goals. Johnny my work husband is still friends with her on social media. When he bounced over to me asking about going to the club, I checked her page. They looked happy together. The icing on the cake for a shitty week. I wasn't angry I didn't want her back, but I did want that kind of happy. Now I moved alone in this little club all the other women paired up.

Fuck it. Thumping bass demanded attention and my hips gave it. Disco style lights criss crossed the dance floor. A figure came walking up, her hips swaying to match mine. The light fell on her. Dark brown skin, round eyes, light brown irises, full lips, and a soft chin. Long braids moved full and free. Her frame curved at the breast and hips. Dark jeans, a red tank top, light make up ,and a sophisticated floral scent was her outfit. We didn't speak. A slow version of Master Blaster came on and with her hypnotic hip movements we begin to Jam.

"My name is Mali" she slipped in between movements

"I'm Keyra". All night Mali turned women offering drinks and suave words. A few tried to make their way between us. She went around the well-dressed beauties two stepping and twerking her way back to me. Our eye contact made me dizzy but I couldn't stop. Touching her was like entering a dream state. If Johnny had not been the one getting my drinks, I would think she drugged me. I didn't think about afterward the clue until Johnny came over.

"You girls look good out here, and I hate to ask but um Keyra you ready to go. Hubby will kill me if I don't make it home soon."

" I'm fine I'll uber home." I told him, without taking my eyes off Mali

"Keyra." Jonny snapped. "Now I'm not leaving you here alone."

Mali spoke. "She is not alone Johnathon. She is with me."

The words tingled with something sweet and promising. Without thinking I smiled and moved closer.

"Excuse me Mali, I wasn't speaking to you."

"Jonny I'm fine." I interrupted reminding him with my tone that I am a grown woman. With softer words and a promise to call when I made it home, he left.