Ch. 20

Robyn // Rihanna

"So, tonight's my last night working here. You throwing me a party?" I look over at Lani and smile before climbing out of the car.

I'm happy for her. I'm truly, honestly happy that Lani is getting out of this environment. I've been telling her for months to just go back to the army, and that I would be okay. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to miss her being here every night with me.

"No, Ashley, I'm not throwing you a party." I laughed as we walked towards the strip club.

"But whyyy?!!" She whines

"You're leaving me, Lani. Why would I throw a party fah dat?" She grabbed my arm, stopping me from grabbing the door.

"I thought you were okay with this?" She asks with a worried expression.

"I am. I promise, I am." I chuckle and nod my head.

"Robyn..."

"Laniiii..." I smirked at her before opening the door and letting her walk in first.

"SURPRISE!!!" Everyone yelled the second we walked in. Kehlani turned around and glared at me before smiling and pulling me into a tight hug.

"I love you."

"I love you too." She says back and kisses my cheek before turning back around and seeing all of our friends and coworkers smiling at her.

I had them close down for the night so we could give her the proper goodbye. We had tons of liquor to go around, our favorite DJ, and lots of food catered. I wanted to make sure she was leaving this place in style.

I know as of right now she's going to be working for G in the states, but that doesn't mean she eventually won't leave to go be with Nicki. I told her she should just go now and stop making Nick wait, but she told me she wasn't ready to leave me yet.

"Hi, girls." I turned around to see Nicki and Chris walking in. Of course my heart started fluttering thinking G wouldn't be too far behind.

"Hey, Nick." I gave both her and Chris a soft, quick hug.

I looked over just in time too see Lani trying to kiss Nicki, but Nick moves her head. That literally made my jaw drop. She must've not told Chris that they were together yet.

"Okay..." Lani responds with her eyebrow arched

"What's up, girl?" Chris says as he pulled Lani into a long embrace before kissing her cheek.

"Hi, Chris. Excuse us for a sec." She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the bar. Gary, the bartender, slid a bottle of Patron down the bar to us before handing us two shot glasses. Lani didn't even pour a shot, she just took a long ass swig from the bottle.

"Damn." I say quietly while biting the corner of my lip

"Yeah. She didn't tell him." She poured me a shot, which I happily downed, before pouring us each one.

"What ah you going tuh do?"

"What can I do? I don't wanna push her." She says while sighing heavily

"Dun give me dat same lame ass excuse you gave me when you two first started fuckin around. Tings ah different now, and you know it."

She nodded her head before downing another shot. Oh god, its about to be one of those nights.

"Baby, can I talk to you?" I turn around to see Nicki  behind us with a guilty look all over her face. Lani rolls her eyes and didn't say anything to her, just kissed my cheek and walked towards the backrooms with Nicki right behind her.