Ch. 19

G // Beyoncé

"BEYONCÉ!"
Both Rihanna and I grab our guns from our side tables as we are awakened to a few gunshots and my name being screamed.

"What the fuck?" I look over at Rih as she gives me an unknowing look. We race down the stairs with our guns aimed. When we reach the bottom steps my heart breaks as I see my tio's bloody, almost lifeless body. Nicki has his head on her lap while he's gasping for air, and she has tears in her eyes. I race over to him and put pressure on his wounds with shaky hands. I look up at Chris with tears streaming down my face and a shattered heart as he stands there in shock.

I see a masked man laying next to my tio who, I assume, to be dead as well. My uncle gives me faint smile as he motions for me to come closer.

"Te amo. Tú eres lo mejor que me ha pasado a mí. Estoy muy orgulloso de ti." (I love you, you all are the best things that ever happened to me. I am very proud of you.) he says quietly while looking at us all

"Tio...please don't leave me!" I sob while holding his hand.

"The...army is yours now...princess." With that he took his last breath as his body went limp. With anger in my heart, and tears rapidly running down my cheeks, I look to my uncle once more.

"What the fuck happened?!!" I ask angrily

"We have a snake in the army." Our head soldier, JJ, answers.

***1 Week Later***

Today is the day of my tio's funeral, the day I put to rest my dad, my protector, and my idol.

It still doesn't seem real, and I haven't yet processed that the army is now mine. I was raised to do this, but without my tio, I feel like I don't have a shot in hell of being a good leader.

For the last seven days Chris, Nicki, Lani, and Rih have all tried to get me to speak. I haven't said a single word since I asked them what happened, and until I find the motherfucker behind this, I will continue to plot my revenge in silence.

"Babes?" I look over at Nicki as she motions for me to go with her. I slowly make my way to her and give her a head nod to continue. "It wasn't Santiago." I take a step back as confusion washes over my face and a glare forms in my eyes. "Santiago did take Rihanna, that's obvious, and he did have plans to get rid of tio, but it wasn't him who made the order."

I cross my arms over my chest as Nicki let's out a heavy sigh before continuing. "Look, babes, I know you're hurting, trust me I do, but I need you to communicate. You are now thee leader. Your orders are the ones the army will be following and to give orders, we need you to speak."

"What else did you find out?" I finally speak, and she let's out a sigh of relief.

"We have two people we're looking into. The Melinda bitch tio was fucking, and the Garcia brothers."

"I want both Melinda and those bitch ass hermanos found. Understand?" She nods her head once and walks away.

"Behbey?" I look over at Rih. I see the pain and worry in her eyes. I know she only wants to be here for me and make it better, but the reality is, she can't. Not right now at least. "What'd Nick say?"

I shake my head and walk towards the family limo. Robyn grabs my arm softly to get me to stop walking. I hear her whisper softly 'please talk tuh me, behbey' but once again I just shake my head once before climbing into the vehicle.

The ride to the cemetery was quiet. Not one word was spoken, and once we got out to walk to the family crypt where papa, mama and my baby brother were laid to rest. Before Robyn could get out I softly grabbed her hand to keep her back.