/ Preface /

For all its history, the United States had only known a constant fight against authoritarian powers. The Revolutionary War, where the American colonists fought for freedom against the British Empire in order to create a democratic system, where all would be equal * under the Constitution. World Wars 1 and 2, where the United States and its allies had faced off against an imperialistic Germany, later on fighting and eventually atomic-bombing Imperial Japan. And throughout the Cold War, when the Soviet Union and the United States would face off in the deadly Cold War full of proxy wars and nuclear threats from both sides in order to maintain their ideological superiority. Then, millennium dawn, the War on Terror would see a drawn out conflict between American forces and middle eastern dictators.

[Alternate future/AU starts here]: Yet, in an increasing age of political polarization, the personification for the United States has found itself under increased demands and pressure. Where people were once United under the American dream, they have become divided in every way possible. What will happen when the United States is forced to take authoritarian measures to keep itself in power, promising to the world it'll only be temporary? And what will happen when a power hungry dictator rises to power in the government of the largest military in the world? This is the buildup to Kirbo4Life's Countryhumans Tenebrous AU, where we see how POA got into power and ended up declaring war on the entire world.

A/N: This is practically the explaining of what this story is going to be. I'll be taking my own liberties with this story, creating my own version of build-up to the AU. If Reflectiron wants we to adjust the AU's backstory, then I will do so.

Time taken: ~8 minutes