Part 10

JENNIE

Waking up in a bed I'm unfamiliar with, far away from home, was saddening and as my eyes roamed over to the window, what I saw was exactly how I felt. It wasn't only raining, but it was pouring. Not only was I bothered that it was raining, but Lisa's scent in the room, in the bed, and on her clothes I was wearing were causing me to feel miserable more than I was. It was also causing my stomach to turn like a rotating washing machine.

I got out of bed, headed to the living room, sat on the couch, and picked up my phone, staring and debating about if I should turn it on or not. I know once I turn it on, messages will come flowing in. And sure enough, after turning on my phone, my phone was bombarded with numerous messages, mainly from Lisa, with some from three of my best friends.

I skipped looking at Lisa's and read the ones from Irene, Nayeon and Tae. All three asked where I was and if I was okay. Tae also asked if he needed to kill Lisa. That one had me smiling and giggling. No, Tae, You don't need to kill her. But if you want to kick his ass, you can.

I didn't want to talk to anyone, and I didn't want anyone knowing where I was, so I ignored the messages and set my phone down. Now that I read their messages, and even though I didn't respond, they'll see it on their end that I read their messages, and hopefully, they'll know I'm alright.

I leaned my head back against the couch and started thinking about Kendal and what she would do to me if she were to find out it's me who's been sleeping with her wife.

She would kill me.

Just the thought of it had me feeling sick to my stomach. I picked up my phone, called Kendal's office phone, and left her a message:

"Kendal, I'm calling to apologize about last night. I hadn't been feeling well all day, and then smelling the food had me feeling sicker, that I had to leave. I'm also calling to let you know I went away for a while, so come Monday, I won't be at work. Or for the rest of the week. And the reason I say that is, I quit. I'm sorry."

I closed my eyes for a bit, and after remembering I didn't have any clothes along, I opened my eyes and headed to the garage to see if there was a vehicle I could use. When I opened the door, I saw an old classic car and smiled. Then, on the other side of it, I noticed a familiar vehicle. Lisa's old car from when we first met, something I thought he sold a while ago.

I closed the door, then searched the kitchen for keys, and in a drawer, I found a set of keys that looked like the ones that belonged to her car.

On my google maps, I marked where I was, then I searched to see what was in the area, and found a store that sold everything I needed, from food to clothes. Perfect...

Along the way to the store, my phone kept ringing. If it wasn't Lisa, it was Irene, Nayeon, and Tae. And when I parked in front of the store, I sent out in oir group text to my friends:

To: [Buddies]

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I'm okay. I needed some time away from everyone and went out of town for a few days. I'll call you all when I get home. Love you all.

LISA

I was getting more worried and frustrated that Jennie wasn't answering my calls. The frustrating part was I knew her phone was on since it wasn't going straight to voicemail like before. Just when I was going to try her again, I received a text message from Irene.

Fr[Irene]

I just received a text from Jennie. She's okay. She said she needed to get away for a few days and will call us when she got home. I hope this helps!

To[Irene]

Thank you for letting me know. Did she happen to say where she was?

Fr[Irene]