Part 33

JENNIE

I needed a fan.

I needed something to cool me off and to stop the sweat I felt filling my armpits.

Suddenly everything changed. And disappointment set in. What I thought was going to be a proposal wasn't. The music playing in the background ended, then it switched to a new song. Lisa smiled, then she slowly slithered an arm around my waist, took a hand of mine with her free hand, then pulled me to her, and began dancing.

I felt a little embarrassed since we were the only ones dancing, and I felt everyone's eyes were on us. Not only did I feel embarrassed, but I was also feeling bummed. The hand she had resting on my lower back roamed slowly up until she got to my neck. She cupped my neck, rested her forehead to mine, and slowly waved her head against mine with a smile. Then, in front of God and everyone else, she pulled me in for a kiss. A languid, romantic, and passionate kiss that got my insides working hard.

Lisa parted from my lips, tilted her head back a little, and grinned. "If I haven't said it yet, or if I have, so what, because you need to hear it again. But you are absolutely stunning tonight. You're stunning every day, but tonight you're more so than ever. And I fucking love it."

My body felt like mush, and my insides couldn't handle her sweet-talking any longer and smiled. "Just shut up and kiss me."

Lisa listened and pulled me in for another long and one very hot and desperate kiss. She then parted, and with my eyes still closed; I felt her lowering to the ground. I quickly opened my eyes and what I saw was Lisa on one knee, holding my one hand, and smiling from ear to ear. My heart stopped, and then I felt like Gumby and slapped my hand over my mouth when it fell open wide.

As she started speaking, tears began filling my eyes with one escaping to stroll down my cheek.

"Jennie, Love.. I never thought spilling my beer on a beautiful woman a year ago would lead us to where we are now, In Paris. At the top of the Eiffel Tower, and with me down on one knee. Getting ready to ask the love of my life to take my hand in marriage. But before I do that, I would like to tell you again what lead us here today. That day we met, I knew. I knew you were special. I felt an instant connection to you, and each day we talked and spent time together, my heart grew bigger and bigger, which led me to fall in love with you. We had obstacles to overcome and look where we are now, and now that we're free of those obstacles, I want to share every moment of our lives, along with our daughter that will soon enter the world. Jennie Kim, I love you so very much, and I need you to know, you complete me."

Lisa's hand left mine, then removed a little black box from her jacket pocket. As she held the velvety black box in front of me and opened it, I gasped at the sight of the ring. She showed me a beautiful infinity diamond twist, platinum band, with a large round cut diamond in the center. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes! Oh, yes, Lisa. I will fucking marry you," I excitedly said, with more tears escaping my eyes and with a shaky hand as she slid the ring down my finger.

Lisa abruptly stood, then jumped and turned around, facing everyone that was watching us. "She said, yes! As everyone started whistling and clapping, she turned around and pulled me in for a warm hug and a happy yet romantic kiss.

I was on cloud nine, and as Lisa and I walked hand in hand back to the table, our waiter stood beside the table waiting for us, then smiled as we approached. "Congratulations. Is there anything I can get for the happy couple?"

She looked at me, then looked at him, shaking her head. "Thank you. But I think we're going to go back to the hotel and celebrate."

Lisa paid the bill, left a five-hundred-dollar tip on the table, then she had us leaving the tower in a hurry. Not that I mind any. But the way Lisa's driving, and how she keeps looking over to me and then back to the road, over and over, with a huge smile, has me feeling giddy. All because I know what's coming next, and I have a feeling we'll be up all night long. And so will our innocent little girl.