Chapter 72. City of Staeburg

Start from the beginning

After everything was set, the group enjoyed the rest of their first day back just relaxing and catching up before the final year starts where Ken had to reach holy level or face the consequences of his impulsive declaration.

"I can't believe that Frederick rejected my and Clare's exchange request but accepted Alice's! How did that happen!" Cecilla complained loudly, one month into the school year.

"Ha! Since my family has ties with Darrumburgh, we are very close with all the major human kingdoms. I bust my butt off to reach master level so I could request for exchanges and I got my uncle to talk with Frederick." Alice said happily while taunting the two princesses.

"Alice! Don't rub it in. I'm glad you are coming with me but you need to behave yourself!" Ken suggested as Alice completely ignored him.

"I will be going to Nafluica Academy with you for your next exchange. I know the headmaster personally and will send him a request to reject Alice's request." Clare replied as the two bickered back and forth.

"Why didn't you apply for Naflucia, Cecilla?" Ken asked as Lovetta handed him his clothes that Emma and Indra helped pack for him.

"There were a lot of people from Naflucia that were at the party where I got totally humiliated."

"That was years ago! You need to get over that already!" Ken advised while getting completely ignored once again.

"Make sure to use your vampiric strength to deter any girl from making any advances on him." Genesis told Alice as Ken scolded her.

"I need to work hard to get to master level soon so I can go on exchanges with you as well!" Seraphina said happily while waving goodbye as Ken and Alice teleported away from Dragonspire and reappeared in the capital city of the Staeburg kingdom.

"Hello. Welcome to Staeburg." A voice welcomed the pair.

"Hello! I am Ken, this is Alice, thanks for having us!" Ken said politely as he greeted the girl standing in front of him.

"My name is Sophia Neremont, it's nice to meet you two." Sophia replied as she led the pair into the mansion.

"This is my mother Sara and obviously you know my father Frederick since you are here to train with him." Sophina said as she introduced her parents to the pair when they reached the living room.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Neremont! Thank you so much for having us and being willing to train us for the next month." Ken said politely.

"You don't have to be so formal, Frederick is fine. Sophia. Why don't you take the pair and go tour around the city. We can start the training tomorrow after you two rest up." Frederick offered as Ken accepted gladly.

"You don't have any siblings?" Ken asked as the trio rode in Frederick's personal carriage into the town center.

"My older brother is the royal guard captain for the city of Norburg so he lives a few hours up north from the capital." Sophia, the beautiful girl with brunette hair and glasses replied as Alice glared at the chatty pair with a scorn.

"Staeburg is near Sraderham right? I was expecting this kingdom to be a rainforest like Sraderham." Ken commented as the horse carriage drove over the stone paved roads of a typical looking city with buildings made from stone.

"Like most kingdoms and cities, natural boundaries act as a divide. We are to the west of Sraderham and a great mountain range divides our kingdom from them. Apparently, due to the elevation of the mountains, they get most of the rainfall on their side and end up with the lush rainforests. Most of our cities are rather normal." Sophia replied, acting like a proper guide.