Chapter Thirty-Four: Master Plan (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

Jackson sank to the ground, Lydia sobbing as she held onto his dying body. Isaac, visibly shocked, had backed up beside Derek and I. Derek put a hand on his beta's shoulder, assuring him that everything would be alright. Even though it wouldn't be for Jackson. Jackson took desperate gasps for air. The water that had pooled in my eyes began to sting as tears slipped down my cheeks.

"Do you—do you still-"Jackson quietly gasped with his dying breaths.

"I do." Lydia cut him off, as she masked one of her sobs. She feverishly nodded, trying to stay strong as Jackson faded away. "I do still love you." She admitted. "I do, I do still love you I do." And just like that, Jackson limply fell into Lydia's grasps.

My heart ache in ways I hadn't felt in years. I let out a shaky breath, clenching my jaw in attempts to keep myself together while watching one friend die and one friend fall apart right before my eyes. Jackson may have been Beacon Hills' number one asshole, but he didn't deserve to die. He didn't deserve any of this. He had his whole life in front of him and it was ripped away. This...this wasn't how things were supposed to turn out. We were supposed to save him.

The key in Lydia's grasps clunked to the floor. The redhead sobbed as she laid her deceased boyfriend onto the ground, watching the remaining scales tattering his body disappear. I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping it would stop the tears from flowing. 

It didn't. 

Hot tears streamed down my red cheeks. My teeth quietly chattered together as I silently held in a sob. A warm hand wrapped itself around my wrist and hand, gently squeezing it. I opened my teary eyes, finding Derek pressing himself next to me. gently holding my hand to tell me that he was here. 

"Where's Gerard?" Allison finally spoke up. The spot where Gerard once laid was empty, a pool of black blood in his place. The blood was streaked across the floor, heading out of the broken garage.

"He couldn't have gotten far." Chris assured, a hint of sadness in his voice. 

Our attention focused back on Lydia as she gently rested Jackson's head against the concrete. She slowly stood from the ground, brushing her tears away with the back of her hand. She began walking towards us, stopping as she tried with all her power to hold in another sob from escaping her lungs. my heart clenched into a knot, grief overpowering me. Isaac and Derek looked to each other, nodding in a silent agreement I didn't bother to focus on. Derek's hand tugged at my wrist, gracefully moving to the small of my back to usher me along with him and his Beta.  Just as we turned around and took a step away, a quiet scratching noise echoed through the warehouse. At first, I didn't think anything of it. None of us did. I turned around, wondering if the sound belonged to a disappeared Gerard. Instead, I watched as Jackson's claws slowly scraped against the cement floor, curling up into his palm. My lips parted as I wanted to say something, but couldn't find the words as I looked on in disbelief. I didn't have to alert anyone else. They were all watching the same thing as me. My body tensed tightly as most of Jackson's wounds began healing themselves, his mutilated skin turning smooth and whole. Jackson's eyes bursted open as he gasped for air. His usual ocean blue iris' gleamed a brilliant icy blue—similar to Derek's former beta eyes. The warehouse was silent as we watched the formally dead teen slowly rise from the ground, his face morphing into one of a werewolf. My body backed up into Derek's, the two of us not believing the scene unfolding right before our eyes.

Jackson's head whipped up to the ceiling as he let out a ground shaking howl that shook us all to the core. After his howl ended, Jackson transformed back into his human self. He looked over his body in disbelief, finally looking up to the group to stare at us in shock. His gaze fixed on Lydia, who quickly jumped into his arms. The two teens sobbed into each others embrace. Except this time, they were happy tears. They didn't have a clue of what had just occurred. None of us did.