Chapter 8- The lost Spark!

Ayaan looked at his bhiaya, waiting for him to say something. He was very apprehensive. He wished his bhaiya would say something. The silence was killing him. Adarsh did not say a word. He knew how much Ayu could take. He wanted him to initiate the conversation for a change. What seemed like forever later Ayu held Adrash's hand and looked up "gussa ho?" He could not keep back the fear from his voice.

Adarsh shook his head and stared back at the waves. Ayu leaned into him seeking his warmth and comfort. Adarsh warped his arm around him gently and pulled him closer "Ayu I know you are an introvert baccha. It is not easy for you to talk. You keep things to yourself and there is nothing wrong with it"

Ayu looked down and nodded his head "But????"

Adarsh smiled, the boy was smart he could give him that.

"But if you fall silent in the wrong moment, no one will respect you baccha. People will think youa are a coward......."

"Logo kya sochtey hai isse kya farq padta hai bhaiya?" Ayu looked up "aap humesha kehte ho na ke hum logo ke baro me nehi sochna chaye?"

"Iska yeh matlab to nehi hai na beta ke hum logo ko apna galat faida uthane de? Is that correct Ayu?" Adarsh made him look up.

Ayu sighed "You are disappointed in me" His voice was heavy with regret.

"I will never be disappointed in you Ayu. You are my brother, my child" Ayu hugged him tightly. Every time his brother said that he felt safe "Tu mera apna bacha hai Ayu. Nothing you do can ever disappoint me" Adasrsh stepped back and looked at Ayu "but i am very worried about you"

Ayu nodded his head. He understood that "Those people were already decided against me bhaiya. They just wanted to expel me, They would have done that no matter what I said or did. Isleye main chup ho gaya....."

"Apne haq ke ladaye hume khud ladne padte hai Ayu" Adarsh cut him off gently "Aab tu bada ho raha hai baccha. Tu bate samajne laga hai. I am asking you to start throwing punches, I know that is not you. All I am saying is that, learn to exert yourself Ayu. Dad ne humesha hume sekhaya ke hume kabhi anyay ke samne sir nehi jhukana hai. He taught us to stand for the truth, hai na?"

Ayu nodded his head.

"Phir kaise tune itna bada jhoot bola Ayu?" Ayu tried to look away from Adarsh did not let him "I am not asking you why you did it Ayu, I know you will not tell. Bohot ziddi hai tu, shayad mughse bhi zyada ziddhi. Maat bata mughe sach, lekin itna bata de, do you atleast realize that what you did was wrong?"

Ayu did not agree. What ever he had done he had done to protect his bhaiya. If life gave him a second chance, he would do it all over again. 

"Ayu kuch pooch raha hoon tughse"

"Can we not talk about it bhaiya??" Ayu fidgeted with his fingers.

"How long do you think I can ignore the truth Ayu. You need to talk to someone. Jo baat tu mughse nehi keh paa raha hai kamse kam apne counselor ko batade. Get it out of your chest Ayu. The more you hold on to it the more you will hurt yourself. You need to learn to talk Ayu. And you need to learn to exert yourself. Tu Ayaan Goinka hai, Abhimanyu Goinka ka beta. You cannot let people walk all over you. I want to see you dictating the terms to others Ayu. I am tired of you giving way to everyone. Dad tughe yeh baat mughse behtar samjha patey Ayu, he is unwell. I wish he would talk to you....."  Adarsh's voice became heavy. He was feeling helpless.

"Aap aise kyun keh rahe ho bhaiya. Aapne humesha mughe aur Aki ko shae galat ke pehchaan de hai. Aaj hum jaise bhi hai aapke wajah se hai. You have always guided us the right way...."

"You think so Ayu?" Adi cut him off.

Ayu nodded his head.

"Jab baccho se koi galti hote hai na Ayu, to haar unke bado ke hote hai. The next time you give into someone remember one thing, It won't be your failure. It will be mine"