Chapter 2- Complications!

Simran sat down with Abeer and handed him a glass of water. She knew he was upset and she also knew the reason why he was so very upset.

"Abeer we need to be patient ok....."

"Aur kitna patient Simmi! I cannot keep standing in the sidelines. Even now mom does not want me around! Dad ke saath jo bhi hua uske leye unhone mughe galat tehraya, I accepted that because I was responsible! But she is not letting me close to Adi....."

"bas karo Abeer" Simran cut him off "She did nothing like that. Mumma knew we were exhausted, so she just asked us to rest. There is nothing wrong with it. Upar se Adi ke tabeyat kharab hai. There is no way she would leave him alone at a time like this. She used to do that with us. Remember????"

Abeer palmed his face. He remembered that love very well. That was the reason her rejection hit him so hard. He just was not able to accept the fact that his mom hated him. 

"woh humse naraaz hai Abeer, give her some time. Hum abhi abhi ghar aye hai. Let us understand the situation first. ek baar Ani se baat karety hai, he will tell us what happened......"

"Kuch nehi batayega woh Simmi..... baat jaha Adi ke ate hai woh kese ke nehi soch tha. He is always on Adi's side. Adi is against us simmi, aise me Ani humhare koi madat nehi karega'

"Kyun nehi karega woh humhare madat, dost hai woh humhara. You three used to be so close Abeer! Tum koshish to karo na. He will help us. Aise bohot se bate hai jo is waqt mere samajh ke bahar hai. Dad ka condition, Adi ka behavior, bacho ke narazge nothing makes sense to me. They behave as if we have committed some crime......"

"You were right always Simmi. Shadi ke ke madap ko chod ke jana mere bewakufi the. I should have waited like you wanted me to! But at that time I just could not let you walk away! Mughe pata hota ke mere bewakufi ke wajah se woh Rana Abha ke shadi zabardasti Adi se karwayega to main kabhi mandap chod ke nehi jata. I would have asked Abha to break it off"

"That is one more thing that puzzles me Abeer" She held Abeer's hand gently "Jo Abha tumse shadi nehi karna chatey the, wahe ladke kaise Adi se shadi keleye maan gaye??? How was Adi happy with her???"

Abeer sighed. That was the one thing that troubled him very much. The one thing that only his twin could answer. Abha had been a very sweet and gentle natured girl. He had agreed to the marriage because he had been under the impression that Adarsh was in love with Simran. He hated himself for obsessing over his twins woman and that was the reason he had said yes to the first proposal that had come for him.

He membered how surprised everyone was when he agreed. He had been a real fool then! By the time he realized his foolishness he had been engaged to Abha. He was suffocated in the relationship, when he could not take it anymore he had sought out Abha and told her everything. He expected her to blow a gasket but she told him very calmly that she did not want the marriage. He had been shocked. She had also told him that she was in love with someone else and she could not forget the person. she was marrying out of duty. They had decided to call the wedding off together. 

He was worried no one would understand them. He could never forget the conversation he had with Abha. That was the last thing he remembered of her. The last time he actually spoke to her. It was their Haldi ceremony. He had just come to know about Simran's feelings....... He was devastated at what he had done....  his own stupidity came to haunt him....... Abha had listened to everything calmly, not blaming him even once, like he expected her to.

"So, what do you want to do now Abeer???" Her voice was as calm as it had always been. There was not even a single trace of accusation.

"Abha I don't know how to tell you this. You are an amazing woman......"