Chapter 1- Complicated Family Dynamics!

When Adarsh came back the house was silent. It was past three in the morning. He rushed to check on Ayaan, but relaxed when he saw him sleeping peacefully next to Akshat. Thankfully he calmed down a lot after the call with him. Out of habit he went to the couch but was surprised when someone stepped inside.

He saw his twin in the wheel chair and was taken aback. He should have been resting.

"Tu soya nehi Abeer???"

"Put Harsh in the nursery and come down Adi, we need to talk" Abeer's voice left no space for an argument.

Adrash looked startled. It had been so long since anyone had taken that tone with him that it almost felt Alien! Abeer wheeled himself out. The doctor had advised him to use wheelchair when ever he needed to move, he was glad he had that option. He was sick of staying in bed and watching everything from sidelines.

Adarsh looked at his sleeping son, he really did not want to talk, but he had yet to defy that tone of Abeer! There was a time when following Abeer had come very naturally to him, some habits died very hard. He took harsh to the nursery where Roshni was already sleeping. It would have felt like a breach of privacy if he had not been used to having her around so much. He had arranged for a connecting room for her, the way he had one with the nursery, but she always slept in the nursery. He had tried to convince her to sleep in her own room but in the end he just gave in. It was her love for Harsh that made him look at her like a family member. She was neither his friend, nor his sibling yet he respected her the same way he respected any other family member!

He placed Harsh in the crib and gently covered him up and left from there without disturbing her. 

He went down looking for his twin. He was not surprised when he found him in the kitchen. That was one place they often gravitated to.

"Why are you not sleeping Abeer??" Adarsh took the chair opposite to him.

"What are you doing out at this time of the night Adi? yeh bhi koi waqt hai ghar ane ka? kaha tha tu???" Abeer cut to the chase. He was never the type to beat around the bush.

"Abeer can we do this in the morning please..... I need to sleep it off....."

"You want to talk before the kids Adi? really?"

"Dekh Abeer when i get upset....."

"You go to the cave and lock yourself! Tell me something I don't know Adi!"

Adarsh got up "Then you know where I have been, we have nothing to talk......"

"Really Adi??? Tughe kuch nehi baat nehi karene? You have nothing to talk about??"

"Nehi" Adarsh's face closed off.

Abeer sighed. He could not force Adarsh, his Adi would have started talking the moment he took that tone, The Adarsh Goinka who was the pillar of Goinka family would not budge!

"Theek hai mughe baat karne hai, baith jaa" Adarsh still stood rigid "Please"

Adarsh sighed and sat down, it was better to get it over with at once.