—And I'll keep doing it until you speak —Jungkook sighed—. Look, I don't really care about how much he paid you —he stood up, cleaning the sweat and grease on his black slacks—, but I want to know what the fuck he's planning.

He dug his hand in the right pocket, moving his fingers over his phone to reach the cigarettes. Somehow, the mere action of placing the cigarette in front of his parted and broken lips was enough for Jihu to accept the invitation, lighting it up as soon as the orange part was trapped in his mouth. The tip lighted slightly when he breathed in, later letting all the thick smocking spill from his nostrils.

—You know me more than anyone, and you know that if you're good to me, I'll be good to you —Jungkook assured him.

But that comment only made Jihu scoff, as if he weren't the one in a disadvantaged position.

—You're just a kid, playing to be his father —he ironically mentioned, barely understandable, because he still tried to keep the cigarette in between his lips.

—Could be —Jungkook nodded—. I'm still smarter than you. At least enough to know when to keep my mouth shut.

Right after saying that, he took the cigarette and turned it off, rubbing the burning tip against Jihu's forehead, making him whine and scream in pain at the first contact.

—Y/n is the only reason you're still alive —he mentioned, throwing the cigarette away—. If you aren't going to be useful, I won't hesitate to kill you right now.

It was the first time, after all of his visits, that Jungkook was threatening him with death. After many times going there, trying to get to a solution that would work both for Y/n and his family, his patience was up, and so was Jihu's chance to drag that moment forever. It was as if the mention of those words actually scared Jihu, because the way he looked at him from the ground completely changed.

✸ ✸ ✸

Y/n cornered herself, sitting as far away from the door as possible when she heard the steps getting close to it. The sudden lightning made her close her eyes instantly at the momentary pain, after forcing her eyes to such a sudden change. It took her too long to get used to it, because when she opened them again, it was too late. The same man who always took her her lunch, was grabbing her by the arm and pulling her whole body up so she could walk along with him without giving any problems.

A big impulse to get away from his grip was suddenly forgotten, when she saw the red finger marks around her wrists.

Whatever she did, Sanhyuk had a punishment for it. He said he wouldn't tolerate her looking at him wrongly, and he meant it. Every time she wasn't able to control her own eyes, she'd be reminded. Every time her tongue slipped one of her comments, a reaction would come right after. She ended up being aware of every muscle of her own body, and learnt to hide her own thoughts so she wouldn't feel tempted to say them out loud.

She was dragged through the house, stopping in front of a white door -that was opened by a tall and slim woman that looked down at her. And considering the poor conditions she was in, she understood.

She forgot the last time she showered -although she was sure that it wasn't in that place, not even once-, just like she forgot most of the taste of food -because she wasn't given anything else other than rice. And through her mind crossed the idea that she was being treated like a dog, but she was sure that most dogs were treated nicely than her.

The man pushed her body inside the wide bathroom, with the woman dodging her body before closing the door behind her.

—Shower —was the only word she heard from her.