❦So much going on

Start from the beginning

Nadalia had noticed the mood change in Dakota's voice and slight body language so she decided to speak of something else, "I love that! You're gonna have to teach me more about it sometime," she spoke as she ate her last nugget.

Even though she really did want to know more about the topic, she also wanted an excuse to hang out more with Dakota and learn about her in the process.

The reply made Dakota smile, but not just with her teeth, her medium brown colored eyes did as well, seeming more lighter. Even the shadow of a dimple adorned her cheeks.

The observation made Nadalia mimic her smile.

"Fasho, I got you!" Dakota responded as she began putting her trash in her now empty Wendy's bag.

Nadalia cleared her throat trying to find something else to talk about with Dakota. She hated having silence between them for too long. She felt it made things awkward or allowed her mind to wander to an area about the girl in a light she was trying not to let it go towards.

"So how's your art going, any new commissions?" she finally came up with something to talk about.

Kota stretched her back before sliding down in her bed and switching her position to her side, looking up at Nadalia as her hand supported her head, "it's going good I have to get back to my messages and shit but this girl I'm cool with in my art course wanted me to do some jeans for her," she answered, even though she enjoyed her work and art was her passion. She didn't really want to talk about that right now.

Under Dakota's intense eye contact Nadalia looked down at her hand to play with her rings, "oh okay, that's good. I'm glad everything is working well with that— you're really good," she then looked back to Dakota to see a small tug of the left corner of her lips.

"I appreciate that for real, how bout you Scorpio?" Nadalia smiled at the little nickname and looked away from her face again. Not wanting the other girl to see how it affected her.

Little did she know, Dakota was starting to realize that a lot of things she did affected Nadalia in ways she didn't know, but wanted to find out soon.

"It's good you know just a lot especially with school and now majorette so we'll see how I manage," she spoke out. Kind of pouring out her fear of being overwhelmed to Dakota discreetly.

Dakota silently nodded in understanding. She couldn't imagine doing all of that being college was already time consuming and mentally exhausting, and it hasn't even been that long!

"You got it though Dalia I know you do, just make sure you prioritize time for yourself in between. Even if it's just for forty minutes," Kota spoke genuinely and that made Nadalia feel warm inside.

"Yeah," was all she said before she began running her piercing at the back of her teeth not knowing what to say next.

The other girl noticed this and began to sit up gathering their trash, "imma throw this away, did you want to watch a movie or did you have to go?" she questioned as she got up from the bed and made her way to the bedroom door.

She picked up her phone to look at the time and seen it read 7:45, she had to get home by nine so she could get some quality sleep.

"Yeah we can watch one. I'll leave at nine," Dakota nodded her head before leaving the room to throw away the trash.

While Nadalia was waiting for her return, she went on Instagram to just look at a few stories to pass time. As she was going through them she came onto Dakota's story— a picture of her from today in the mirror.

At the sight Nadalia's heart went up a beat faster and she hurriedly liked the post and exited the app before she regretted the action. She thought that she was being dramatic about it because there was nothing wrong with liking your friend's story or posts, hell Dakota always replied to her stuff.