𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 | bet

Start from the beginning

"Not funny." Adrien replies, picking himself up and trying to act normal.

Marinette giggles, "Okay, okay. But it is funny how you were the one to be late for once instead of me." She gives Adrien these sly eyes.

"Well, I just had some stuff to do, you know?" That was a lie. He was stalling.

"Yeah, sure. Anyway, Felix is waiting for you, so you should go."

"What—" Adrien groaned, grabbing Marinette's arm and holding her, "Mariii.."

Marinette snickered, "Agreste," She took his hand and took it off of her, "Go to Felix, okay? I'm sure he feels bad."

Adrien rolled his eyes, "Fine." He walked away from Marinette, not wanting to leave her, but realizing that he had to if he wanted to do as she wished. He made his way to a building and its front door, turning the knob. He entered a somewhat chaotic space, seeing many hairdressers, stylists, and the wedding planner rush around Felix, who was lounging in a chair and trying to comply with all the help.

At first, the cousin didn't notice anyone entering, with all the commotion going on. But, once the door slammed shut behind Adrien, Felix glanced to his left and made eye contact with the other blond.

"Ah, Adrien, come with me." Felix lightly pushed away his makeup artist and walked past her, trying to reach a room off to the side.

"But Mr. Fathom—" The artist called, powder palette in hand.

"Just a sec," Felix responded, annoyed, holding open the door for a certain Agreste, who went inside. Once his cousin had followed, Felix shut the door, locking it so no one could disturb them.

"Felix, what are you doing?" Adrien asked, confused.

"Well, I planned to do this earlier, but someone was late, so I guess it has to happen this way." Felix approached Adrien, and put a hand on his shoulder, "I'm sorry, cousin, for the.. scene at the party. I didn't mean to be such a—"

"Dick?" Adrien finished for him.

"Yeah. That." Felix chuckled, then sighed, "Throughout the years, I guess I've just grown distant with a lot of the people I love and care about, other than Kagami and my mother. And I'm not sure why. But I suppose it was just easier that way; To push people away."

Adrien smiled, "I understand. I know your childhood wasn't the best, and maybe you weren't taught the right things. But I'll always be here for you, Felix, so please talk to me."

Felix chuckled, "That I will do. Now, tell me, what's going with you and the bluenette?"

At this, Adrien smirked, "This again? Why are you so nosy?"

"Because clearly I see what you guys failed to notice so many years ago." Felix explained, "I'm just trying to make sure that it happens this time."

Adrien scoffed, but then laughed, "Whatever, Felix. She said that she likes me, but can't get in a relationship anyway. There's nothing that needs to happen." Adrien seemed kind of down saying this, like he was reminiscing the conversation from then.

"That's nothing a little planning can't fix." Felix reasoned.

"Oh my god, dude, it's literally your wedding day, why are you meddling in my love life right now?"

"Sheesh, calm down, it's not like I'll be scheming about you two all night. It'll just be a little side hustle to work on while the relatives bore me." Felix had a smug look on his face.

"Yeah, okay." Adrien got up and was about to leave the room, but his cousin's voice stopped him.

"Oh and by the way, Adrien," Felix called, making Adrien turn around, "I like your outfit today."

Adrien shook his head and chuckled, slightly annoyed at Felix now but relieved that he was finally acting like a real human and making jokes. Felix had always been this monotone, serious, lowkey unlovable person to talk to, but he always put in effort.

The blond made his way back outside, catching up to Marinette once again, "Hey, Mari."

"Oh, Adrien! Did you make up with Felix?" She asked, surprised to see that he was back so soon.

"Yeah, I did." He replied, scratching his neck.

"Well, that's good." Marinette smiled, "Now, tell me: Do you actually have your speech written or are you just going to wing it?"

Adrien smirked, "Yes, yes I do. But I might have to make some adjustments now, seeing that Felix isn't as much of a jerk as I thought he was.." His mind trailed off into some of the words that were written in his speech, that weren't the kindest.

"Alright then, do what you have to do. But I'm sure your speech won't top mine." Marinette bet.

"Oh really? You think yours will be better than mine?" Adrien questioned, lifting his eyebrow.

"Yep. The best speeches are always unplanned."

"Stop. You're joking." Adrien said, speechless.

"Nope."

"You didn't write a speech as the maid of honor to one of your closest friends?"

"Like I said: The best speeches are unplanned." Marinette grinned widely, enjoying the expression that Adrien was giving her.

"Okay, Mari, if you say so." Adrien extended his hand for a shake, and the girl accepted it quickly.

-

i think there's going to be a couple more chapters of the wedding night, just because i can't put it all in one (or else it would be wayyy to long) and i like to keep you guys waiting HAHAH