𝐭𝐞𝐧 | the meeting

MARINETTE approached the shiny, black gate that protected the apartment building she was trying to get into. She pressed a large, red button and a camera popped out from the wall.

"Yes?" The camera said to her, it being right in her face.

"Um, hi. I'm here to see Adrien Agreste." Marinette said this awkwardly and nervously, as she didn't know what to expect from such a high-tech building.

"Mr. Agreste is one of our celebrity residents. Do you have any proof of your confirmed visitation privilege?" The woman behind the camera sounded stern and direct, her voice sending chills down Marinette's spine.

"Yes, yes, I do!" Marinette responded eagerly and took out her phone, pulling up the texts between her and Adrien talking about the meeting. "Here's him sending me his address, and here's me flir- I mean talking to him about today!" The bluenette chuckled nervously, trying to seem unsuspicious in fear of not being allowed on the other side.

"Hm, alright then. You may go in and meet Mr. Agreste. He is on the top floor, in our penthouse suite." The gate opened up and Marinette glanced back at the camera before walking in.

"Thank you!" The girl walked forward, admiring the beautiful garden of roses on both sides of the path. There were many different colors, but mainly red, pink, white, and yellow. Before taking a step inside the lobby, Marinette paused and looked at the wonderful display. The roses reminded her of something. And then it hit her.

"My kitty cat just follows me around everywhere," Marinette sighed and chuckled her way into the lobby.

She then made it into the elevator and pressed the button to go to the eleventh floor. After much waiting, she eventually made it and walked out, finding the one and only door right in front of her.

"This is it, Tikki." Marinette said, looking inside her bag. "I don't know if I can do this after what just happened with Chat Noir,"

Tikki looked at Marinette with hopeful eyes, "Marinette, you're, well.. Marinette! You have juggled your civilian life and your superhero life for years, and just because you know how Adrien may be feeling inside doesn't change that. Use your Ladybug confidence for the better and just go ring the doorbell!"

Marinette smiled at her kwami, once again thankful for Tikki being by her side. She nodded her head and marched up to the front door, ringing the doorbell. Marinette slowly heard faint footsteps approaching, which got louder and closer by the second. The door then swung open.

"Oh, hey, Marinette! Come on in," Adrien greeted his guest with a grin. Marinette couldn't help but wonder why Adrien was acting so calm and like nothing was wrong.

Was he not that shocked about Ladybug knowing his identity?

"Thanks, Adrien." Marinette walked inside the penthouse and smiled in an attempt to cover up her confusion. Adrien closed the door behind her, and they both headed over to the living room.

"Here, sit, Mari." The girl did as she was told and sat down in a chair. Once they were both settled, Adrien started the conversation back up again. "So, how have you been?"

Marinette gulped at the question. What was she gonna say? Oh, I'm good, other than the fact that I have to save Paris almost everyday again. Oh what was that? You're glad that I'm your friend? Yeah. I'm great.

Marinette continued smiling, "I'm good, how about you?"

Adrien was glad that someone was taking an interest in his life. He hadn't talked to anyone his age in a while, other than Nino regularly and his childhood friends at the welcome back party.