𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 | long time no see

LADYBUG swings her way to the Eiffel Tower. When she gets there, she's the first of the two. She checks the time on the yoyo.

8:28pm.

Ladybug sits down and admires the view that the Eiffel Tower gives her while she waits for Chat. As she does, she thinks about the future and how things will go down tonight. She doesn't know what to expect at all.

8:32pm: Chat Noir arrives on scene at the Eiffel Tower. Ladybug doesn't even realize, and Chat just sits down silently next to her. He then joins her in admiring the view, and after a minute or two, Ladybug snaps out of her trance and realizes who is there.

"Oh, Chat, you're here." She says, nervously.

"Yeah," Chat replies, not knowing what to say.

"Um, so, long time no see?"

"You could say that."

"Listen, Chat-"

"Alright, so, you know anything about this Shadow Moth guy?" Chat Noir says quickly, clearing trying to ignore the elephant in the room. Ladybug gets the hint and decides to shut up. He doesn't wanna talk about it? Fine. They won't talk about it.

"Not really, just that they're more powerful and smarter."

"Yeah, I know."

Silence.

Who will break the silence?

"So, how have you been? Anything exciting?" Ladybug asks, trying to lighten the mood.

"I have a girlfriend." Adrien says this abruptly, while avoiding eye contact with Ladybug. He doesn't know why he said that. He knows it's not true. He isn't seeing anyone right now, and he doesn't intend to. But for some reason, he can't stop sharing more and more lies, "She makes me really happy. And she is really talented at her job," Adrien automatically goes to the first person he can think of.

Ladybug raises her eyebrow at this, immediately calling bullshit but deciding to play along, "That's.. really great, Chat. I'm happy for you."

"Thanks," Chat Noir says. What do they talk about next? "Did Tikki tell you about Cecile and Leo?"

Ladybug gulps at the mention of their names, "Yeah, they were so young too. They were.. as young as I was." Ladybug doesn't know why she said that. She shouldn't be revealing anything about her identity. It just came out, and there was nothing stopping it.

Chat Noir's heavy breaths stop once he processes what Ladybug just said. She was in highschool when they first met? She was.. the same age as him?

"I'm surprised that you told me that," Chat says.

"Well, I guess.. I owe it to you."

"Guess so,"

"Um, see you next time?" Ladybug asks.

"Yeah." Without saying goodbye, Chat Noir leaps and starts to head home.

Ladybug is starstruck. She really hurt him. 

-

shit chapter but its okay haha