chapter 15

i wake up in a way that i thought was never achievable. i felt the suns warm rays hitting my skin and the morning orange glow seeping into the room. i never wanted to get up.

after waking up day after day being dragged out of a cell and sat down with assassins to eat porridge for breakfast every morning before training, this felt unreal. it felt as though i was in heaven, a place i never wanted to leave.

until i heard footsteps walking into the room followed by, "wake up you have an interrogation in 15 minutes." well that woke me up.

i groaned and moved the pillow over my head in annoyance that my moment had been interrupted.

the figure walked closer to me, took the pillow off my head and whispered, "come on sleepyhead, wanda's waiting for you"

and with that i rolled out of bed.

i brushed out my hair and got changed into my training gear then went downstairs for breakfast. there were pancakes and toppings lied down on the countertop, from what i'm assuming wanda making breakfast earlier.

"you look like you just ran through a bush" a voice said as i grabbed a pancake. i turned around and matched the voice to bucky, a person i hadn't seen it what felt like years but had turned out to be a few days.

"yeah, nat woke me up. she interrupted the best sleep of my life" i replied, to which he nodded, "i know what you mean, sleeping on a cold brick for your whole life then suddenly being allowed to sleep in clouds, it takes time to get used to" he says. i had to agree with what he said, as comfortable as the bed was, it felt wrong to be sleeping so peacefully.

after a few minutes of silence between us, with me quietly eating my pancake, trying not to disturb the relaxing bucky a few meters away.

"thanks for helping me" i mumbled, just loud enough for him to hear it. he perked his head in my direction and looked at me, "i told you i was going to get you out didn't i, plus, i couldn't just leave you there"

i smiled. this man actually seemed to care about me.

i looked at the clock to see that i had to be in the training room in 5 minutes. not wanting to annoy nat of the first day of training, i headed there immediately.

and i am glad i did, because i could not remember the way there at all. it was like a massive brain fog, so i got friday to help me out.

eventually, i got to the training room and opened the door to see a nat standing on the other side of the room, leaning to one side with her back turned towards the door, wrapping her hands up in boxing gloves.

"ahh look who it is, if it's not the infamous widow" she said, nodding in my direction. she brought a pair of gloves over to me and began to wrap my hands up like a mother would do.

i could do it myself but something about this woman told me that she was my safe space and that i could trust her. so i did, i trusted her.

after wrapping my hands up tightly so that the gloves wouldn't fall off, she got into the boxing ring and ushered me inside. she looked at me and told me that we were just going to do some simple sparring, and that she would go easy on me. obviously, i didn't need her to go easy on me.

so as soon as she said that i lifted my leg up to kick her in the shoulder before it was quickly blocked. damn, impressive, but i can do better than that.

she swung her fist at me and i dodged it, giving me the chance to take her down. i pinned her to the floor and held it for a few seconds before getting off and reaching a hand down to help her up.

"good one kiddo" she said, clearly impressed with my actions. no one takes down the black widow.

except athena. the one person who could take down the black widow, the one person who was trained to "rescue" the black widow.

they took a water break after 4 more rounds of sparring then called it quits after around an hour.

they both parted ways to their rooms and took a shower. athena a cold one, natasha a warm one.

the reason athena liked cold showers more is because to her it felt warm, and if it was any hotter it would've felt like her skin was burning.

you see, in the red room, they didn't give you hot water. you had two options, a five minute cold shower, or no shower. so she took the cold five minute shower because she hated feeling sweaty.

i felt the cool water hit her skin as i scrubbed my body with the body lotion provided on the side of the shower. i felt like i was living in paradise, first a comfy bed, now nice products?

i washed the lotion off my body before massaging shampoo and conditioner into my hair before rinsing. my hair felt so soft compared to her usual straw like hair.

i felt like i had been in there longer than five minutes, and began panicking. even though i knew no one would hurt me, it felt as though they were.

i quickly scurried out of the shower in my towel and opened the bathroom door to find clothes laid out on the bed for me.

i stopped moving and tilted my head in confusion. they weren't anything fancy, just a pair of grey sweatpants and a hoodie due to it being october, but to me they seemed like the comfiest clothes in the world. i quickly checked my door was shut before scrambling out of my towel and into my new clothes.

they were so comfortable, nothing like i've ever worn before.

i brushed my hair and ran downstairs to go find nat.

that was where i found nat lying on the couch in the living room, unlike where you would usually find her in her room.

"nat look, my clothes" i told nat, practically jumping up and down with joy.

"wow they look amazing, how do they feel?" nat asked. "they are so comfy i never want to take them off"

natasha smiled, she knew what it was like to be in comfy clothes for the first time.

"well that's good isn't it" she replied. 

natasha knew at that moment that she was going to give that child everything that she missed, to make up for her childhood.

a/n

tysm for 1k reads!!!