chapter 6

"truth" i replied.

i wasn't scared, what were they going to do? i don't get scared.

"where did you come from? tell us everything about your past" florence replied. well, what did i have to hide?

"i was born and raised in a facility called the red room. my mother gave birth to me there, but i never met her. i got taken away as soon as i touched air. up until two days ago, i spent my whole life training and pleasing the red room. they would force you to do whatever they wanted, didn't care about your opinion. in the red room, you don't get a say, you don't get a choice, you just have to go with what's being done. when i was 6, they brought people in to the room i was training with. people in bags. i was with 2 other girls, so there was one person in front of each of us. the person in front of me had red hair, i could see it. we had to shoot them, so i did. i did it the best and they told me who it was, it was my mother. the person i never met, but always wanted to be close to. the only thing i have left of her is this necklace. all my life i was trained to be the new black widow, the pride and joy of the red room. the only person who managed to escape. they were heartbroken when she did." i pointed to the necklace that was lying on my neck. they all looked and studied it, intrigued. "then around 3 days ago, drekyov, the founder of the red room, called me into his office and told me there was a mission coming up. i'm not sure if that's still happening cause well... i'm here. however he also told me he was transferring me to this place and that's it really." i finished speaking.

"so you've never been anywhere else except the red room?" beth asked. "nope" i said, popping the p.

"wow" they all said in unison. it was quiet for a minute before alexis broke the silence. "can i see your necklace quickly?" she asked. i nodded and she went to touch it before taking it off my neck. i immediately felt like something was missing. my neck felt bare, naked.

she studied it before looking at the cell door, and i watched as she threw it out, to where i couldn't reach it. i was shocked. i couldn't say anything, i just sat there with my mouth wide open. i turned to look at her with betrayal.

"what did you think i was going to do with it? it's a stupid necklace" she said. at this point i had tears in my eyes. don't cry that's showing weakness i told myself. i immediately tried to reach for the necklace, but my arm was too short.

i remembered how to unlock cells from when i tried to escape the red room, and luckily these were the same. all the girls watched as i opened the cell door, impressed with my skill.

i grabbed the necklace and clasped it around my neck, immediately reeled relieved as i'd never taken that off until now. that was until i heard footsteps. i panicked and ran back inside the cell, closing the door behind me with a loud clash. i heard the feet quicken and my heart was pounding.

i sat back on the floor with alexis, beth and florence until a guard stopped outside our cell. "it was her" beth said, pointing towards me. the guard opened the door and grabbed my arm, pulling me up. ignoring my pain, i got dragged out of the cell and through corridors.

after 5 minutes of walking, we passed through the boys cells. however, we walked past one specific cell. i looked into it and met a pair of familiar icey blue eyes. it was the same man as before, the one i saw in the testing rooms. his gaze softened as he met my fragile body.

sadly our moment was shortly ended by the guard pulling on my arm, sending me flying forwards. well that was awkward.

we walked for about a minute before i got pushed into a room similar to the one i was in earlier, but with more machines. i got sat down on the chair, and then instead of the surging pain i had experienced before, i felt tons of needles stabbing my skin. this time, it was so painful i could've sworn i passed out for a second. my skin was igniting a purple flame.

the pain lasted for around a minute and a half before it finally stopped. i was extremely lightheaded and like earlier, my veins had gone purple. they looked like they were shimmering, the places where the needles where, oozing out shiny purple blood.

i was admiring it until i felt an all too familiar pain. my body reacted the same, a purple flame emitting out of my chest. it was strange, but that wasn't the painful part. the painful part was the purple liquid coursing through my veins. i had no idea what it was, but it was sure doing something to me.

i felt a relief when my body was free of pain, and the guards came up to me to pull me up, however flinched and stepped back when they touched me. he looked back to the panel where zemo and another scientist was standing and they both came in. both of which attempted to pick me up to carry me back to my cell, but they failed when their hands started to burn.

i looked at them with fear, something i hadn't done... ever. "don't worry маленький один (little one) it's a part of the powers" he smiled to me. powers? what powers?

a/n you lucky people, 3 updates in one day damn