Joo Dee: This is the lower ring.

Katara: What's that wall for?

Joo Dee: Oh, Ba Sing Se has many walls. There are the ones outside protecting us, and the one's inside that help maintain order. This is where our newest arrivals live, as well as our craftsman and artisans, people that work with their hands. It's so quaint and lively.

(Cut to a shot of two shady men conversing in an alley. One of them is holding a large sword that glistens in the light. Both glare at the carriage as it passes.)

Joo Dee: You do want to watch your step though.

Katara: Why do they have all these poor people get blocked off in one part of the city?

Aang: This is why I never came here before. I always heard it was so different from the way the monks taught us to live.

_: if it wasnt for us NEEDING to be here, we wouldnt be here.

Joo Dee: This is the middle ring of Ba Sing Se, home to the financial district, shops and restaurants and the university.

Sokka: Yeah, we met a Professor from Ba Sing Se University. He took us to an ancient underground library where we discovered information about the war that is absolutely crucial for the King to hear!

(Sokka says this all in one breath, and leans in close to Joo Dee to emphasize his point. Joo Dee simply grins cheerfully.)

Joo Dee: Isn't history fascinating? Look, here's one of the oldest buildings in the middle ring, Town Hall.

_: i swear this woman gives me the creeps

(The carriage stops and Joo Dee exits. Sokka stares after her, bewildered.)

Sokka: Is that woman deaf She only seems to hear every other word I say.

Toph: It's called "being handled". Get used to it.

(Toph crosses her arms and Aang _ and Katara look at Sokka hopelessly.

Joo Dee: The Upper Ring is home to our most important citizens. Your house is not too far from here.

Behind it the roof of an enormous building can be seen. Three men standing in the gateway, wearing dark robes and wide brimmed hats turn their eyes towards the group.)

Katara: What's inside that wall?

Sokka: And who are the mean looking guys in robes?

Joo Dee: Inside is the Royal Palace. Those me-

_: they are agents of the Dai Li, the cultural authority of Ba Sing Se. They are the guardians of all of ba sing ses traditions.

joo dee: how do you know of this (in her eyes and grin you could say she looks alittle nervous)

_: oh i like to read, nothing big

joo dee looks relived

Joo dee: smart girl, lets continue.

Aang: Can we see the King now?

Joo Dee: Oh, no! One doesn't just pop in on the Earth King.

(Aang nods his head sadly. Fade to a shot of the sky. Momo flies in a circle before descending and landing on the roof of a small but very lovely house.)

Joo Dee: Here we are. Your new home. (A messenger runs up to Joo Dee and hands her a scroll.) More good news, your request for an audience with the Earth King is being processed, and should be put through in about a month. Much more quickly than usual.