Chapter 31: The Legacy of Radiance

Start from the beginning

When most agents found themselves resting, Omen chose to hone his focus through tasks that allowed him to remain vigilant. Spending his time in Viper's room became a norm for him, not only for the sake of his memories but also to be near someone who understood his unique existence.

Yet, his knitting came to a sudden halt. A sense of unease gripped him, as if an otherworldly force was weaving its way through the very fabric of time and space within the headquarters. Omen set aside his knitting needles and phased through the door, his mist-like form flowing gracefully as he left Viper's room where she was resting.

Following the inexplicable connection, he found himself standing before Yoru's room. An unspoken worry creased his otherwise inscrutable features. Just as he contemplated knocking on the door, Astra appeared beside him. "Omen, that presence just now. Did you sense it too?" she asked. A question that mirrored the concern in her eyes.

Omen nodded, his voice a whisper of shadows. "I felt a tether reaching across time and space."

Astra's response was measured, her words carrying the wisdom of her cosmic insight. "It's harmless, but unnatural. Like a ripple in the universe's fabric. It's a disturbance that shouldn't be here."

The door then swung open, revealing Yoru standing before them. His breaths came in rapid pants, his expression bearing the traces of exhaustion.

Astra's concern was evident as she called out to him, "Yoru, what happened? We sensed an unusual-"

Cutting her off, Yoru offered an explanation, his voice carrying a mixture of amazement and weariness. "My ancestor and his companions decided to put on a little show for me. Let Brimstone know we need a meeting," he stated, his words punctuated by his panting breaths.

As Yoru moved towards the meeting room, Omen's hand gently caught his arm, halting his steps. "It's 4 in the morning. Rest. I'll inform Brimstone and the others later," Omen spoke in a reassuring tone.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Two months ago

Mumbai, India, Alpha Earth

In the outskirts of Mumbai, Varun Batra moved with purpose through the streets. He was holding a crucial role in the multinational task force known as REALM.

REALM's purpose was clear: to retrieve stolen historical artifacts and antiques, returning them to their countries of origin for safekeeping. Founded as an altruistic force, it aimed to combat the dark underbelly of black market trades and secret operations.

Varun was a part of this noble endeavor, his allegiance unwavering. However, he was aware of the shadows that had begun to creep within the ranks of REALM. Some of his fellow operatives had strayed from the righteous path, exploiting their positions and the organization's cause for their own secretive goals.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, Varun found himself at the rendezvous point. Captain Greaves and his squad were already waiting. The squad assembled under the cover of darkness, their mission clear: secure a powerful relic that had been stolen, an artifact infused with Radianite energy. Recent reports had revealed that a group of terrorists had wielded its power to flood a fortified military base in Nepal, casting a haunting shadow over their operations.

Varun's curiosity was piqued, and he glanced at Greaves as they began to move. "Do we have more details about the relic?"

Greaves maintained a steady pace, his expression focused. "You should've asked sooner. The relic has the power to control water. Worst part, it can summon masses of water out of nothing. You know more about artifacts than anyone. It'll be up to you to analyze its origins."