8: Rejection

Chapter Eight: 

Kat's P.O.V:

Well, that was an eventful night, I am pretty sure this town has great Tripadvisor reviews. I can't seem to catch a break. I said my goodbyes to everyone at the packhouse and left. Mainly, I just wanted to give them space to be with their mates. 

I took off into the woods, one place clouding my mind. I walked some more before I found the clearing. I took a seat on a log, staring straight ahead just thinking.

Maya and Jake found each other are mates, she forgave him. Heck, I don't even know what Sam has done wrong and I'm already hiding. "You're scared of being hurt. I am too. But he's our mate he won't hurt us." Selena is right. I am scared. I am scared of him leaving and causing me to go through the same pain as Dad did. I am scared of giving into the darkness I could already feel growing inside me. 

A while passed and I headed home before my dad sent out a search party. I took a shower, changing into my pajamas.

_____________________________

A couple of weeks passed, and it has been nearly four months since I moved here. and I was able to avoid Sam and still train the pack. I got up and did my usual routine of getting ready before heading off to school. Surprisingly I haven't been in any trouble lately. Tara still looked at me if I was a disease, Maya and Jake were all loved up, Shelby and Liam were all loved up. Everyone was loved up. Except for me.

Oh well.

So far I have been able to mask my scent with other wolves so Sam wouldn't be able to smell me. I've watched him flirt with girls after girls after girls. It did anger me slightly especially because he knew he found his mate, but to be honest I don't really give enough of a shit to confront him. Plus, I ran off, what did I really expect? 

It just made me even more adamant to not accept a mate. It was now lunch and I made my way to the group, which obviously consisted of Maya, Shelby, Liam, and Jake. I did meet a couple of new people, but I don't really associate myself with them. "Why doesn't Sam eat with you guys at Lunch?" Maya questioned, at least this was something I wanted to know the answer to. "He's either running away from Tara, with some other chick, or doing patrols, or best guess, he's smoking in the back with the Caesar and his friends." "Caesar?" I questioned without even thinking. Everyone looked surprised to see me engaged in this type of conversation, but I pretended nothing was new. 

"Yeah, Latino guy, low pants, chains, tattoos, always in a black wifebeater, you know him?" Liam asked, "something like that, had a run-in with him on the first day of school." "Damn, I hope it wasn't the same type of run-in that you had with me on the first day of school," Jake joked making everyone laugh. "He was decent, arrogant, but he was harmless." I mused. "That kid is a big softy, I actually know him quite well." Maya said, "Why?" Jake instantly growled, becoming very possessive. "Chill, he is my cousin." Maya deadpanned. "He's cute." I teased. Whilst they all jeered and made fun of me. We all sat there laughing, and for once my mind felt lighter.

"Warriors, there's been a breach. Shadow Shifters have been sighted five miles of our north and east borders." I heard the Alpha mind link us. Spoke too soon I guess. Five miles gave us a little while to prepare. I looked over at Jake and Liam, and we all left the canteen along with a couple of other wolves. I caught a ride with the boys, speeding off to the packhouse where the Alpha is. I reached within minutes.

"Alpha," I said, tilting my head slightly as a sign of respect.

"Kat," he said with a small smile trying to arrange the groups.

"How many?" I asked in a tight voice. "Patrol lost count on 30, but no more than 100." He growled slightly. "Leave it to me." Alpha nodded, giving me permission to lead the groups. It was an honor. Especially, my short-time being in the pack. He looked at me like he was my dad, very proud.