Chapter 2 || Not Right

Magsimula sa umpisa

"i heard from jimin that you love ice creams." taehyung reveals with a shy grin as he rubs the back of his neck. of course it's that double faced man who snitches on his own sister and goes around telling guys what she likes and dislikes. the kind of sibling bond taehyung has with jungkook is beautiful and serene, almost emotional to aria, when compared to her deadly one with her brother.

jimin is nice— a literal angel fallen from heaven— but for aria, he's just a typical brother who would sell her soul for snacks. it's funny how he once made her birthday card that assured her that he would take a bullet for her, then threatened her that even if it was her birthday he wouldn't tolerate his portion of the cake being touched. he's double faced and delusional according to aria. he's also married, which makes her feel bad for his wife.

"thank you, taehyung. you didn't have to do all this." aria emphasises with gratitude dripping from her expression, tricking taehyung easily into believing that she did enjoy their date.

"i had to. i wanted it to be special for you. for us." he says softly, leaning forward and holds her hands in his, staring right in her eyes, making her smile. she pulls her hands back gradually after returning an assuring squeeze and picks up her cup to engage her hands and not look rude.

finishing up her ice cream, she stands up quickly before he can interrupt her and gestures her hand back towards the door, "i need to use the restroom if you don't mind..." she says, stepping out of the narrow space between her chair and the table, earning a quick nod from taehyung.

"sure, i'm waiting right here."

aria gives him a subtle nod, taking her purse with her as she makes her way outside towards the hallway which leads to the restroom. there's a girl in there, fixing her make up and two cubicals are occupied. aria enters the third one and closes the door quickly, sitting down after collecting her dress properly and sliding down her panties. as her bladder empties and a sense of relief makes her sigh, she knows it's not really the time to relax. if today was bad, tomorrow could be worse.

who knew she would be asked to visit taehyung's place, especially to spend with her soon to be mother-in-law and brother-in-law. ridiculous how aria used to think that she would step in that house with jungkook as his girlfriend one day, and maybe even his wife if things went right. but now, life is busy playing tricks and aria's here sitting in the toilet, stressed even when she's peeing.

she pulls out her phone, dialling her boyfriend's number and waits for him to answer. her other hand is busy cleaning herself up and fixing the underwear back in in place. she flushes the pot, putting the down lid and sits on then, sighing deeply when jungkook finally answers, "hey, i thought you're busy with the date?" he says, "taehyung isn't as good as me, huh?"

"no, he's fine actually." aria sighs, "do you know i'm supposed to come to your house tomorrow and meet you and your mom, so we can have a good time?"

jungkook hums tiredly, "mom told me about that as soon as i stepped inside the house."

"okay cool, let's meet up tomorrow then, brother-in-law." she scoffs, hearing jungkook groan in frustration. "jungkook, baby you're the sweetest guy and i'd be down to risk it all for you. i love you, and i'm even willing to go against my family for you, please just take one step forward at least? i swear i have your back. but you need to take the first step, right?" she tries to convince him in a soft voice, her own worries painting her face and dripping with the way she trails off at the end, waiting for him to say something.

"i know," he hushes out, "i love you too. but it just scares me how my parents and tae will react... he won't be happy, ari. he has started liking you and it feels wrong when i think about telling him the truth."