Aftermath

It was the next morning. You were exhausted despite the reassuring words and actions from Yoshikage, whom of which was at work, leaving you to yourself. Probably not the best choice but it was his choice nonetheless.

On the couch you sat, questioning your whole reality. Was this real? So much had happened since the other day you couldn't think straight. Still, you decide to make the most of your off-days from work. Trying to not worry, you click on the tv in hopes it would distract you. It helped a bit. Occasionally you went through many different channels in order to try and stimulate your mind more. It backfired quickly.

By some god forsaken curse you stumbled across the news channel. Something you would regret. His face, Tatsuo's face, was right there, and the news anchor reports on his missing case. Every word that was described about the situation made it just that much more agonizing. Reminding you of what you had done.

A young man of 24, a supposedly loving family, a promising future. These were some of the things they described about him. And nobody knew his fate except for you and Kira. And now it's an investigation on where or what happened to him. By the time the news was switching to another subject you shut off the tv and put your head in your hands.

The man you desperately wanted out of your life was now everywhere, in your memories, on tv, and no doubt on missing posters, and more. There was no going back though, and you had to continue life as normal. Even if you and your boyfriend had scary abilities, even if you had murdered a man; It was required to pretend nothing happened. You'll have to go back to work soon, you'll have to socialize as normal, you'll have to look others in the face without shame.

Just as you sighed, there was a loud knock on the door.

It wasn't any regular tap on the door, no, it had a demanding force behind it, almost authoritative. It couldn't possibly be... no... You jolt up from the couch, speeding towards the door to peek through the peephole.

There stood two cops.

Your heart speeds up, anxiety overcoming your body. Forcing yourself to be calm and clueless, you reach your hand for the door handle, and after what seemed like years you opened the door to the two uniformed men.

"How can I help you officers?" You ask, hoping to god they wouldn't figure it out. And thats when you realized, one of them was oddly familiar... greyed hair, older man, and a dedication-to-his-job facial expression. Josukes grandfather!

In your fear of being caught you didn't even notice that this was actually a man you knew!

"Mr. Higashikata?" Your expression softens, the tension in your body fading away.

"L/N! We apologize for the disturbance. But we wanted to ask you a couple questions about a recent missing person case." He seemed to be happy to see you as well, though he had to keep his professional demeanor, and quickly shaped his attitude back up into a more serious authority.

"Could you step outside for a moment?" He asks.

You hesitate, but comply, shutting the door behind you. You notice the other police officer behind Ryohei had a notepad in hand, ready to jot down anything useful you were about to say. You'd better be careful.

"Where were you on the 17th?" The questioning began.

"I was at the hospital. But they sent me home." You made sure to be careful to not mention Kira, who knows how he would feel if he got caught up in this mess.

"At what time did you go home?"

"It was in the afternoon."

"Did a man by the name of Tatsuo Kuramoto visit you before that time?"