His Urges

You and Yoshikage Kira were on good terms. He always made sure to say a brief hello to you and check up on you at times when he was free. You saw him at work often, you notice he often kept to himself and usually left in the middle of the day for a lunch break.

Sometimes you see a group of your coworkers, including the woman with amber hair, follow after him and speak to him about something before they're sent off in disappointment. It was like he avoided a lot of social confrontation. Did he like being by himself?

Other than him, you actually managed to make a few friends at work. Including the before mentioned woman, whom of which helped you get the hang of things. Her name was Ayano and you managed to get acquainted with her pretty quickly. She was patient with any mistakes you made.

Sometimes in the break room you'd chat with her, learning more about her, and vice versa.

"So, Y/N, when did you move here?" She asks, taking a sip of coffee. "About... two months ago I think."

"Wow you're super new to Morioh then! Tell me about your home! What was it like? I bet it must've been so-"

Out of the corner of your eye you spot Kira coming into the break room, his purple suit was very easy to spot in the dull colored environment. It was too late when you finally noticed him coming up to you two. "Mr. Kira!" Ayano chirps, pleasantly surprised to see him, you could see a wide smile on her face. "I see you two are becoming close." He says simply, almost having a monotone attitude.

"Why yes!! Y/N is such a treat to talk to!" She puts a hand on your shoulder, getting touchy again with no regard for any boundaries you may have. Kira looks at her hand intensely. "I see."

"You two are also friends, right? I see you both talk often." She smiles. "That we are... We are friends. Isn't that right Y/N?" He looks to you, and then down at your hands. His eyes stayed there. "Mhm." You answer with a smile, and then take a sip of your drink.

"Isn't that lovely! It's like our own little friend group!" Ayano thankfully interrupts, basically getting Kira out of his own little world with her disrupting voice. "I'll let you two get back to your break. Excuse me." He softly smiles with half-lidded eyes, then walking off.

Once he was out of sight, she turns to you. "God he's so cute! Don't you think so Y/N?" She whispers giddily. You blush at the words and avert your eyes. "Uh well-"

"Ohhh you like him!" She giggles. "I won't tell. C'mon admit it!"

"Well.." You gulp. "Yeah." You look at her. "I knew it! Y/N has a little crush!" You shush her playfully. "What if he hears?" "My bad my bad."

You did like him. His elegant manner lured you in, and when you finally saw his finely sculpted features up close, who wouldn't like him? And he was just so interesting. Maybe you did have a crush on him.

Little did you know he was listening in from afar, and now, any thoughts he had were twisted into something much worse. You liked him. Knowing that just made his heart beat in his chest harshly.

And your hands. When he saw them it was like they were the best pair he had ever seen in his life. Before, he didn't even care about them. But now they were basically all he desired other than you. He feels a familiar sensation that he did not feel in a little while. And his nails grow.

He felt a predatory instinct.

.
.

Work was over finally. And he basically almost rushes out, sweat beading down his face. It's been quite a bit since he went on the hunt and he feels this will be like a reliever for him. He scans the streets with his eyes, looking for any possible victims to ease his dark urges. This was like second nature at this point. And he doesn't care about how horrible it is.